cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with write-back functionality and needed few clarifications on Nakisa OrgModeler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently we are on SOVN 4.0. I have an issue with write-back functionality and have few queries on Nakisa OrgModeler.

Issue:

I created a scenario with root as an existing org unit. Created a new position and edited one of the existing position description under the selected org unit. I can see them in changes log with New and Modified/Edited respectively. After the scenario got approved, I clicked on 'Writeback'. Selected both the items and did 'Validate All'. I got no conflicts. Then I proceeded with 'Writebackall'. But I got a message that 'There is nothing to be written to SAP' and the status of both items got changed to 'Skipped'. May I know what could be the reason. I checked the log but I didnt see any errors but only information messages which I didnt see any issue.

Please advise.

Queries:

1. When I create a scenario, I would like to copy a position/orgunit and create multiple positions/orgunits based on those objects then change them as per my need. Is this possible?.

2. After finalizing the scenario, I would like to trigger an automated email to the approver(s) so that the approver(s) would know that there is a scenario pending for review. Much like we trigger a notification email in ESS/MSS. Im aware that in 'Selected Items', we have an option to send email but it is more of manual.

Thank you,

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manohar.

With regards to your issue I'm not sure exactly what would give you that error message, but things I would check are:

• You are not trying to write a scenario that was created from an empty model.  The user guide says explicitly that these cannot be written back.
  • That you did not tick the ignore check boxes against the changes you wanted to write.
  • That sufficient auths are in place to actually write back to SAP.
  • I guess to be complete I would also check that the exact changes had not already been made in SAP and at sync there were found to be none to be written back ... though I realise that is incredibly unlikely!

The log would of course have been my first choice for finding out more.  I'd consider perhaps rolling the log to clear it and then stepping through the steps again and reviewing the entire log just to be sure nothing was inadvertently overlooked.  Being able to repeat the issue would be a useful and if you then need to raise an issue on OSS you have the log file ready to include.

Q1) I've not seen any mention of object cloning functionality, but given that there are only a handful of fields to add I don't think this would be too onerous to do manually.  There's an option for multi-edit if you add several boxes into the selected items, so this could be an alternative way to set common field data across a set of new objects.  Alternately I might use a macro-like tool (e.g. AutoHotKey) to help me quickly populate the creation windows by doing some key presses for me.

Q2) I'm not aware of an auto-mail feature.  The system would have to know the e-mail addresses for each potential approver and I guess there's no guarantee that these are up to date in SAP.  Personally if I were working on something as important as modelling an org structure I might want to include some particular content and potentially even vary the details a little depending upon what level and role each approver had.  Still if you would find it useful, I expect there would be others who would too.  If you suggest this to Nakisa through one of their channels (e.g. mail, Twitter, etc.) they may consider including it in a future version ... assuming I haven't overlooked a way to do it in the current version of course.

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for the response.

I overlooked the ignore check boxes as the items which can be written back to SAP. As I selected the ignore check boxes, its obvious about the error message.

Regarding the clarifications, probably Nakisa would have provided cloning functionality and email to approver functionality.

Cloning functionality is required where the HRBPs/Managers needs to create many positions and provide the same attributes like PA/PSA/EG/ESG etc.

I agree the point you made about auto email but the MSS make the users expect the same behaviour for OrgModeler as well.

Thanks,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For multi creating or cloning there is export & import via csv functionality available.

We use it to copy a whole bunch of org structure below a required root and import it in the existing org chart at any other location, the same export selected root in csv and them run the import wizard to import it below the required root.

You find the export option in the actions menu, but the "import data" wizard option is available under views boxes (right click) objects to help select the root object.

This way you can clone existing structures for O & S in existing chart.

Best regards.

Mohammad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answers would be appreciated.