cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap MM Certification Course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Presently i have +3 years of experience of Procurement, Logistic Arrangement, & Imports Clearance.

I am doing this for Hospitality Project (Material Required for Hotel Construction ie. Civil, Interiors, MEP etc.)

My Functional Area is as follows:

• PROCURMENT (Domestic & International)
    • Identify the Supplier/Distributor(s).
    • Inviting Quote for Supply.
    • Selection of Supplier(s) in terms of Rate and Quality of Product.
    • Negotiating with Supplier in terms of Price, Quality, Payment Term, and Delivery.
    • Finalization of Payment Terms & Delivery Schedule.
    • Issuing of Purchase Order in accordance with the Management Approvals.
    • Aging of Accounts Payable.
  • Logistics
    • Arrangement of Freight Forwarder & Clearing Agent for the Import Consignments.
    • Finalization of Documents for Imports Consignment.
    • Finalization of Check List in Relation of EPCG License.
    • Tracking & Coordinating with clearing agent for the clearance of Material from Indian Custom Department.
  • Stores & Inventory
    • Monitoring & Managing Day to Day Transaction(s) of Stores.
    • Directing the Store executive in unloading, stacking, and issuing the material.
  • Management Information System
    • Implementing MIS Procedures for Procurement, Logistics, and Inventory.
    • Finalization of MIS on Weekly & Monthly Basis.
    • Facilitating necessary reports required to the Management.

I Want to do Sap MM Certification course.

Please advice me more about the same it will help me in getting SAP MM Consultant job?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

your experience is similar to inventory management, also you know the procurement of Goods, but as you know there are some process flow in each technology or ERP that is totally different from others, but the basics are same.

So if you are looking for SAP MM module, you can approach towards any authorised sap training center, tell him about your expertise, you can search on google for any authorised sap training center near you. They will guide you more . Please also remember certification never gurantees a job in sap world, so please take it into your consideration too.

You can download study materials for MM and can study alomgwith training, the main thing is to know how to play with materials, how to make implementation of it.

Please understand one thing, choosing a new career option in terms of technology always finds some disturbing in primarily stages, but when you will be familiar with it, it becomes so easy for you.

Feel free to ask any question, still if you have in your mind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev,

already contact to Genovate, seed, but you can understand all the institute are commercialized their reply are more towards the revenue generation rather than carrier,

also do google to understand the job requirement for SAP MM Consultant.

But confused in terms of Experience requirement of IT & MNC Comapny.

Please advice me more about experience what they are looking from a candidate.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

literally saying its a problem with major IT/ Non IT companies that they never consider any freshers in sap , its a scenario in almost technologies, but its a major problem in IT companies. Yes i totally agree with you that, most of the career intitute provide fake matters like having tie up with major companies to take their students through placements.

Listen, whatever your previous experience will be whenever you will move towards sap module , you will be considered as a fresher only, and for a fresher its too tough to get a job in sap world, but its not impossible, if  you have determined and you have enthuasism for the same, please don't care for hurdles, as you have industry exposure, you will surely get benifitted through it.

Now according to me, you can take training from where you finds more suitable for you, practice well during training period, and after that you can search job inittially in any non it companies, as they have less criteria requirements, once you will get placed anywhere you will become an experienced proffessional, then you can move easily towards any major IT companies. Initially it will be tough to get a job, but you can take the help from your all contacts in taking a job in sap.

It looks and perhaps its tough in first seen, but i have seen many people who have achieved their goal through consistent efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Placement is the most important factor in doing SAP course from particular institute. I did SAP FI course from Delphi and I was struggling for getting interview call since a year. Luckily I got job through career fest event organized by SEED Infotech Ltd.

If you see, SEED, Delphi, Lithan and Atos. all the institutes are authorized by SAP. They are SAP Partners. It doesn't matter from wherever you do the training. You will get the authorized training from these SAP partners.

For a common man, if he is investing money 3-4 lakhs rupees on SAP course, definitely he is looking for the placement at the end of the course. As I have been to SEED for career fest event, I have seen SEED is good in-terms of placement.

Regards,

Roshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev,

As i have not working knowledge & experience on SAP.

Needed same more advice from you

In Pune itself there are two types of institute 1. Genovate, Seed, delphi who is saying they are sap partners & offering 200hrs course, fee is Rs.3.75 lac, 2. some another institute offering is same but they are asking for Rs.25000 only.

I am confused with there offering and course duration. 200 hrs is Sufficient for me.

l would like to do SAP MM from such a institute who will give me implementation cycle experience with sap learning. no issue if it is out of Pune.

What about the IBM, If they provides SAP MM Learning & Training please advice where i have to contact.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

i have seen the scenario of Seed infotech at Pune, even they have approached me to provide training while i was at Pune for some time, so i know what is the reality behind the scene, i don't have idea regarding Genovate, so can't say but i know nothing more will be different from seed.

When it comes to have 200 hrs. for learning, suppose 4 hrs. daily means approximately for 2 months trainings, if you don't have financial issues, then you can be at mumbai and take training from ATOS or from Siemens.

But if you are facing with financial issues, then you can go with IBM, because this way you will get exposure to learning as well as industry experience too, i will never suggest you to go with SEED, it is good for .NET and JAVA etc, but not for SAP by paying so much cost.

If you have further queries, please revert with your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS,

Please advice me more about IBM How i can proceed further.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

as i don't know much more about IBM processes, so you have to do it yourself, but please tell me in which area you are residing at Pune, i think in Magarpatta City or Near Swargate there are IBM centers,  so you can approach there for further queries. (Its long time back, so i am just missing it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev,

Hadapsar pune.

is there any more institute who provide me learning & SAP Implementation Experience.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

please understand one thing , there are many training center who will promise you for the same, but their contents are not so much good, so once you must approach to any IBM center, ask them about what you needs, and then you may revert me with what information you get from there.

So, i will not recommend for any road sided training institute for SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev Kumar,

I believe you have lot of misconceptions about SEED. I would request you to visit SEED Infotech Ltd., SAP division. It has only one center for SAP Training in Pune.

SEED does a lot to make their candidates employable and I believe SEED is the best in Pune.

Regards,

Roshan