cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring using a Dashboard - How do you extract data from different fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where a Dashboard needs to be made to monitor the state of different SAP systems.

Within individual Systems I know its easy to monitor the systems using CCMS (rz20), but my question is, How do you get to pull out the data that is displaying on the CCMS screen so that it could be taken and displayed on a dashboard. A dashboard could be a JAVA program that displays data from various such fields and displays maybe on a TV screen.

What I found so far was,

in rz20

Click on Performance Overview.

click on CPU Utilization

So, I place my mouse pointer on Value '2' for User CPU Utilization and hit F1 and then click on Technical Details

Now even if I place my mouse pointer on Value '1'' for User CPU Utilization and hit F1 and then click on Technical Details I get the same screen as above.

So, My question is, How do we determine what data sits in what field?

The aim again is to read these data and populate an external Dashboard.

The current Systems are not connected to SolMan as we do not have a SolMan setup yet. I am just trying to make a Dashboard using the existing CCMS tool.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, you might want to look at some of our other SAP products - particularly for Dashboarding. You could create the dashboard using Xcelsius (now known as Dashboards) and this can then be run as a separate application on a screen - since it's a separate Flash file.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bevin,

There are other transactions : ST06N/OS07N to check performance data, see note:
#371023 - OS07/ST06: Monitoring operating system data
#1084019 - OS07N: New operating system monitor

All CCMS agents can copy data from the SAPOSCOL shared memory segment to the CCMS monitoring segment and transfer it to a central

monitoring system. This means that the data is visible in the CCMS monitoring architecture and is displayed both in the familiar transactions ST06

and OS07 and in the Alert Monitor (transaction RZ20)

Operating System Collector SAPOSCOL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/c4/3a6bff505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htmk

Kind regards,

Tamas Istenes SAP Support Engineer

AGS Primary Support, Global Support Center Hungary

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bevin,

Since this area is for BI (BOBJ) monitoring, I would try posting over in the basis area for an answer to your question

Best Regards,
Toby Johnston
SAP America, Inc