SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on creating the generic article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got an error message when using the BAPI to create the generic article master data (retail) in background and always get this error:

No values exist for the variant-creating characteristic XXXX

No values exist for the variant-creating characteristic XXXX

XXXX is the characteristic name (WRFCHVAL) and assigned in the characteristic profile

i had chekced that the characteristic have assigned into the characteristic profile. Don't know why this error will appear, anyone can help ?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any values defined for characteristic XXXX in CT04 or WRFCHVAL (depending on the storage you use for the characteristic values)?`

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned above by Tobias please check for your charactersitc XXXX is there any value assigned for it.... For creating generic article atleast one value need to be assigned to chahracterisic....

BR

Ajaya Kr Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto respective characteristics and maintain relevancy indicator as 2 .

Thanks,

samba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there are two characteristics have been assigned in char. profile.

I had checked the WRFCHVAL , both have values too.

size also,

that's why i am query why it always prompts this error message during creation

in the program logic, size value has been already in WRFCHVAL

when create the article, if the color does not exist in WRFCHVAL, it will create automatically, any affect on this step ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

using WRFCHVAL is ok. But it only works if you have set function module WRF_CHECK_CHAR_VAL in CT04 for your characteristics SIZE_0023 and COLOR_0026 on tab "Values".

Please have a look at that.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Yes, i also set hte function module for the SIZE_000263 and COLOR_000263

any special setting i miss too ?

thanks!

Green

0 Kudos

Hi Green.

are you able to create an article in MM41 with these characteristics?

If so, I guess you are calling the BAPI wrong.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Green,

Are you creating articles through function module or BDC if yes then please check the characteristic sequence is it in same order how you have defined it in characteristic profile as I can see in your screen shot its mentioned as Size then color.... You have to maintain same sequence while creating article ....

BR

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can you please update on the issue. How did you over come.

Thanks,

Krish