cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find SAP UI5 Application Development wizard even after installing UI5 Tools inNWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I 'm using latest versions of NWDS 7.3 SP11 ehp1 PAT001 and I have downloaded the UI5 Tools UI5TOOL07_0-10011992

After successful installation when I try to create new ui5 application I did n't find the same in the Wizard list and also I created web module project and tried to add the libraries of UI5 under project properties ...even no luck...

I'm pondering what might be the issue....

Anyone aware of this or any suggestions are welcome....

Note I'm trying to create my first UI5 project and seems i had a great challenge start already...

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any other Clues ,Did anybody tried using the latest tools ?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I'm using  NWDS 7.3 SP11 EHP1 PAT002 and I have downloaded and installed the UI5 Tools version 1.18.11 (belongs to UI5TOOL07P_6-10011992 package). Both are on their lastest versions.

If you had correctly installed UI5 you'll see the SAPUI5 icon in the About NWDS Window:

When you click on it, a new window is displayed, showing version and other info about this plugin:

So, if you can see those previous screens, you definitively have to be able to use the "Application Project" wizard for SAPUI5.

Ah, now I remembered (after I wrote this ) that I only was able to find the wizard by typing "application project" into the filter input field. If you enter "SAPUI5", it returns nothing!!

In any case, if you scroll down, you'll see it.

Hope it helps!

BR

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcelo . I was using NWDS 7.31 SP11 PAT001 after updating to the PAT002 I am, able to view the UI5 tools now...however still some error is occuring during generation of the application project of ui5...though there is aworkaround for this...

I'm closing this off now...

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh, you're right, there is an error in the wizard's final step.

After I've updated to 1.18.11 (belongs to UI5TOOL07P_6-10011992 package), it was solved.

Thanks to for the hint: )

Best regards,

Marcelo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please see the Prerequisites mentioned at SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

you need to check eclipse platform version etc is per above link.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

In Eclipse I dont have any issue , I'm able to work over there....

But in NWDS even after installing the latest UI5 Tools from SMP still I'm unable to start with...

link you shared is related to eclipse and not for NWDS.

Regards
Rajesh