Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Guidance on TREX

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me out on TREX Setup.

System Set up- EHP 7 with Data Base HANA.

Scope is TMS, E-Rec.

In TMS i came across information on TREX for Talent Search which is effectively handled by TREX..

1/ Now to have TREX do we need to have a deifferent Server & connect it to SAP Server?

2/ Can we built it on the same Server?

3/ We are planning to make Partition in SAP Server for E-Rec & shall we built TREX on that.

Please provide some insight into the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TREX should be on its own server because it is resource-hungry. It is connected to SAP with an RFC connection.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks you verymuch for the info.

For TM is it compulsory to have TREX on a different Server,is there anyother way out for search?

What is the scope of hrtmc_ppom, How helpful it is for TM

What is the scope of TREX in HANA-DB

Thanks.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TREX should be on a different server. There is no other way to search if you Embedded Search. However, if you don't use the Portal then you don't need TREX.

HRTMC_PPOM is for succession planning activities if you don't use Nakisa.

I don't know what the impact of HANA DB is on TREX. I am interested to know myself.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

the TREX instance needs a different server than the ABAP/Java . However if you suppose to have not very big amount of data and the TREX server has enough memory , disk space you can connect the same instance to two (or more) ESH systems. Usually it's not recommended (due to performance issues), but for the test/development landscapes should be OK. As I understand the ESH system is running on HANA DB, this shouldn't have any impact on the TREX.

Best regards,
Mikhail

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke ,

Thanks for the update & thanks Mikhail.

Luke if the data we are looking forward to is not very big as putup by Mikhai then also we need to have TREX search engine for TM.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need TREX for TM.

Best regards,
Mikhail

MartinHastik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to explain it before.

For all TMS scenarios you need TREX!!. I try it in other words again: If you logon as a TMS to the Enterprise Portal and navigate to the Talent Information which is the most common used entry point for the TMS, you first have to execute a search. If there is to TREX installed you will get an error message. There is no chance to go deep into talent data of a special amployee.

TREX is installed on a different server, because it is an other technology. On TREX instance can be connected to different ABAP Instances.

TREX is not ony holding indexes to the HR data. All HR data is transferred to TREX.

Enterprise search/Embedded Search is part of your Netweaver application server. This is some kind of middelware between TMS frontend and TREX. It is responsible indexing the data (to TREX)  and executing the queries.

Hope that helps..

br

Martin Hastik