cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get jobs from one user to other user

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Dev there are two local repository users are existed.suddenly user1 has problem to loginto designer and showing error as “cannot initialize application.(BODI-1270039)'.but able to log into designer with user2.Now i would like to get existing jobs in user1 to user2.Is there anyway to get jobs.please help

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186897
Contributor
0 Kudos

To get the Jobs from user 1 you need to login through user1. You can directly export to another repository when you click on the export. There you can either export to repo or export to a file. Choose Repo and supply the credentials of User2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for quick reply.

I will log in to user2 and try to export to user3.here my query, is it possible export to central repo?

do we need special access to do that?

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have problem with Designer login of User1, Try to create a New  Data Service Repository as User1_New with same credentials of user1 in CMC. Where you can access all the User1 Repo Data.Then you can Export the Jobs from User1_New to User2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

I have access to bods cmc not bo cmc.Is it possible to create user in cmc of local repo.I can see option to create user only verified central repo not local repo in cmc.Please let me know other way to create user.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, You can create user. I hope you need access for User_2.

1. Right Click on Repository(where User_1 jobs available) and click User Security

2. Select User_2 and provide access.

Now, User_2 can able to access User_1 repository. if you require, Export job and import into your own repository.

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,
We cannot create a user in SAP Data Services Management Console.

If you have access to SAP BusinessObjects BI platform Central Management Console.

Navigate to Data Services  there by selecting Configure Repository (Provide user1 repository details). By providing a new name.

After configuring successfully. Login to SAP Data Services Designer with new user.

Where you can access all the user1 jobs in user1_new in your scenario. 

Best Regards,

Akhileshkiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhileshkiran,

Now understand user creation is possible only thru BO.Here working on POC and dont have BO and BODS integration is not there.So instalation is BO is required here.Could you guide how it is possible to install BO in existing BODS system.Thank you

Regards,

Krishna

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you may find this below link helpful.But it only available for SAP Data Services 4.2 Version.

Regards,

Akhileshkiran.

former_member186897
Contributor
0 Kudos

If these users are associated with two different repositories then login to management console and create another user with required permissions for this repository where you have a prob. See if this works.

Use below article to create the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we are working in POC there is no BO and BODS integration.Please let me know in detailed steps to get access of user1 jobs from user2 thru bods.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create User2 in respositoy where user1 created.

Ex:

1. User1 created jobs in repository 'XYZ'

2. User2 having access in repository 'ABC' and no access to repository 'XYZ'

Create User2 in 'XYZ'. he will be able to access user1 jobs.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobs in DS XI 3.2 are in no way linked to a user. Actually, the same is true for any DS object.

If a user has access to a repository, he has access to all its contents. DS repositories exist in a database. In DS XI 3.2 access to a repository is granted at database level only.

As a result you cannot "move" jobs from one user to another.

Can you please check if your user1 is able to acess the other repository? If he cannot access any repository at all, that may mean one of 2 things:

1/. He lost access to the database. Verify at that level.

2/. His registry settings are corrupted. Check the Designer Problem thread for a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for reply.

As you mentioned,verified the list both methods.user1 has not able to access designer but accessing database.I'm also feeling  that user1 registry settings might corrupted.Please suggest how to access or modify existing user1 jobs.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which means User2 does not have access to User1 Repository. Get the particular repository access and export the job and import into User2 Repository.

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both the users are having same repository access, User2 can able to access User1 jobs no issue. because within the repository there is no object wise access restriction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick reply.

I can not login designer to user1.I would like to replicate existing jobs from user1 for future development.

I can execute existing jobs thru cmc but not replicate.is there way to replicate the existing jobs from user1 to user2?

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If you can able to execute the User1 Jobs, then no issue you can able to replicate also. Might be the access related issue. Get the required access for User2 (Role: Data Service Admin or Relevant Access) all job in the repository will be accessible.

Regards

M Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I will contact admin team for the access.How can we do replicate.could you guide some steps to that.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishan,

Please share the below details,

1. BODS Version

2. Repository Details(for both the user)

3. Both the User Role.

Regards,

M Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Details are below:

1. BODS Version  -- BODS 12.2.0.0

2. Repository Details(for both the user) -- in dev local repo

3. Both the User Role ---  user1-designer+content admin,user2 -designer

Regards,

Krishna

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both are accessing same repository. so User2 can able to access all jobs(Including job were created by User1). Login to BODS Designer and check the Local object library all jobs in the repository will be available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are two users and accessing different repositories but same jobserver.user1 has access to only one repository.