Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BICS connection in CMC BO 4.0 SP 8 & Single Sign ON

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Created a BICs connection.

However my requirement is to give access to only two cubes and each cube should contain only 2 queries each.

For the option, connect to a server to choose a cube. Am able to select only one cube with a query.

Is there any way to achieve this.

Regarding Single Sign On

In the license tab i see only 10 licenses.

When i try to create a SSO to BW using SAP authentication. I do get only 2 users ( because other 8 users are created in BO). So altogether 10 users.

But there are many users in BW and i want only 7 specific users to be in bo.

Is there any relationship between licenses and SSO transfer of users.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

For SSO to be configured all the users have to be first created in BW side first. All the necessary roles have to be assigned to the users by the Basis/Security guys. If you create the users in BO only there can be no SSO configured.

Thanks&Regards,

Krishna

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

However when i am trying to create a SSO on BW 7.3, when i say update roles. I see user are picked up from BW however i need only specific user to be picked up into BO. Is there any control on this phase, so that only required users should come in.

And in OLAP connection when i say authentication as SSO. And when i login into BI launch pad with SAP authentication and i click on bex data source i cannot see the OLAP connection and it throws an error " open sap bw browsing session failed"

Kindly help on this.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If you want specific set of BW users to be picked in BI 4.0, please ask you sap bw security team to create a seprate role (e.g BO_USERS ) and add this roles to those users. And in CMC --> Authentication --> SAP --> import only BO_USERS role. In this case you will only get those set of users which you have added in BW under this role.

And in order to acces OLAP connections again check if ur id has sufficient authorization to acces rfc connections.

Regards

Shabnam

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Shabnam, Will do the same and get back to you on this result.

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam,

In CMC, created an OLAP connection with authentication as SSO.

I was successful to log in into BI Launch pad as SAP authentication with SSO.

Am using the same connection to connect to Bex datasource from BI Launch Pad. However, getting following error message "JCO_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE:No RFC authorization for function module RFCPING".

How to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

This is authorization issue, ask your security team to add rfc authorization related role to your id. Once added please check if you can see bex query through BI launch pad or not.

For more details regarding rfc authorization please refer below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/b541d812aea34695d54758cec0796f/content.htm

Please assign points if you find answer helpful.

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Is your issue resolved? Let us know if u r still getting authorization error.

Regards

Shabnam

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam,

We posted the issue to SAP and BASIS team is taking care of the issue.

I will update you guys once i get a reply from SAP.

As of now ,SAP says there is a certificate import and export issue which need to be resolved.

Regards,

Sandeep.

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SSO issued resolved. SAP team guided to get it solved.

It was a BASIS issue.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I'm also facing the same problem .can you please help me how you resolved the issue.

My Requirement:

1) I've to create to BICS Connection for 2 BeX Queries for this i asked my Basis consultant to create a User ID with all SAP roles where  i can use that user name to create the required BICS Connection.

My Basis consultant stating that he can't provide all SAP roles and he is asking me what all Authorizations we have to assign to that user(for creating BICS Connection).

Request you to share your valuable inputs on what all authorizations we have to Assign.

Thanks & Regards,

kumar V

sandeep_kumar5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Your Requirement : I've to create to BICS Connection for 2 BeX Queries for this i asked my Basis consultant to create a User ID with all SAP roles where  i can use that user name to create the required BICS Connection

With only one BICS connection you can  get connected to multiple queries of BEx.

Regarding authorizations, import all or required authorizations from BW authorizations to BO side.

On BW side create a group for authorization, then get into BO. Then assing this BW group authorization to BO usergroup if required.

Regarding BICs connection issues if any, it should be taken care by BASIS team. Read the connection error, if you get while connecting to BICs then proceed accordingly.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

Many thanks for your time.

Can you kindly share your inputs for the following queries.

1) BICS Connection : Actually i can create BICS connection with my user name but in future if some one deletes my username then it will be a problem . for this i Asked my basis consultant to create a Service User ID and they created for that and they assigned the roles for this service user as [SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO] this is the only role we have to assign or is there any other roles to assign (The service user ID will use while creating BICS Connection only)

2) We have 22 users for this i asked my security team to create these 22 users in BW and they created,But How do i import these users list to BO CMC?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar V

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

You simply map the role they are a member of in the SAP plugin within the BO CMC and the users will have access to the BO system. There are further suggestions on how to handle the management of these users in BO though for example:

1) create enterprise aliases so as not to loose the data if these users are unexpectedly removed from a BW role
2) consider configuring SSO to BW to allow the connections to user the users access levels which will restrict what the users can see data-wise

I would suggest a new post be created as this can get lengthy and specific to your setup.

-Josh