Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ncs.conf port value & saphostagent port 59818

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with ncs.conf  property agent_port=6404 or 59818

I understand that 6404 is default and  sap notes recommend to change it to 59818.

But i don't get how this formula: 5<SMD AGENT Instance Number> 8100 + 18 leads to  a valid port number on customer system?

I scanned every log of SMD agents installed on our landscape and saw only p4 ports like 59804 , 59813. 

59818 doesn't even show up in netstat. I saw a note#1866707 asking to check port blocking. I do not see any blocking. If 59804 and 59813 are active , i do not think firewall will block 59818.

I understand sapagentconfig.xml file needs to be checked for BO instances. Unfortunately in our BO systems, this .xml file when opened is showing chinese characters. Hence cannot verify whats there in this file. Anyways it should either 6404 or 59818. But none of the ports are active. Just making the change in file, doesn't make the hostagent process listen on this port.

So what is the correct port number that needs to go in ncs.conf for host_agent property?

Please share if you know anything on this area.

Thanks,

Srikar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

You are unable to read SapAgentConfig.xml because (in the case of Solman) this file is encrypted and can only be read using the SMD Agent Administration

For example:

Follow this SAP Note to resolve the issue in BI4:

1962864 - Web Intelligence, Connection Server, and other C++ based
BOE server metrics do not show up...

Or refer to this post for XI 3.1

Regards,

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Toby.

But a question want to ask:

I tried the same note, the download button under "resource customization" is grayed out with  'size' and 'date modified' = n.a

Do i need to complete managed system setup from Solman side? I thought this is not required for ncs to work.

If just click on download button under application resource it is taking giving some standard template (contains SID: PIB ... i think this doesn't work for BOE)

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Srikar

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, your right.  You need to complete managed system setup and run ACTool on the managed host in order for the managed system to be configured.

The alternative is to run the SMD Agent in standalone mode (outside of Solman) in which case you can get NCS metrics to work without Solution Manager managed system setup

Refer to this article for instructions on the standalone SMD setup:

Regards,

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked.

Toby, Appreciate your kind help

Answers (0)