cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary (Running Total) Field is not performing as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to create a running total of Procedures for a report where a view contains two items in the "Type" field: Procedures or Products.

The running total is set to summarize DriveShiftCollectionsView2.Collected, Evaluate on a formula of {DriveShiftCollectionsView2.Type}="Procedure", and Reset on change of field DriveShiftCollectionsView2.DriveShiftID.

But the totals that CR is displaying do not match the totals from my SQL query at all and I am not sure at all where the numbers CR is displaying are coming from.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi trey,

You should first group on the DriveShiftID field and change the reset to 'Change of group'.

The running total should then be placed on the Group Footer.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Abhilash,

I don't think I am understanding fully what you are saying.  In my report, I am grouping by ShiftID, but it is the ShiftID from another table/view. Then I created a running total in that Group Footer (#11 - ShiftID) but even if I change it to Reset on Change of Group: #11 - ShiftID, the values are still way off from what they should be.

Suggestions?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamie,

I tried it your way and the results still were off.  Instead, I went back and found an older report that accomplished what I was needing to do and duplicated the tables/views/formulas it used and was able to get the correct information displayed.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm still having some issues with this and I'd like to see if I can get a resolution.  I'm including some screenshots to show exactly what I'm experiencing in hopes of finding the correct format.

First screen shot is the results of querying the database directly to get the correct numbers for two drives for testing purposes. If you look, you will see the DOC - Carlton Bldg was projected  for 16 procedures (16 Whole Blood, 0 2RBC) while the Danfoss Turbocor drive has a procedure projection of 11 (11 Whole Blood, 0 2RBC).

I created a running total that is supposed to sum the Collected field from DriveShiftCollectionsView2, evaluted on a formula of {DriveShiftCollectionsView2.Type}="Procedure" and reset on DriveShiftCollectionsView2.DriveID.

But the numbers are way off, the last screen shot shows CR is showing the Danfoss drive with 66 procedures projected/36 performed while the results from the database show Danfoss at 11/6.  The DOC - Carlton Bldg is shown as 96 projected, 78 preformed but the actual view lists the drive has having 16 projected/13 collected.

Not sure where the disconnect is coming from? Thoughts?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Trey,

can i make another suggestion...instead of using a Running Total, try using a conditional formula and put a Summary > type = Sum on the formula.

first make sure that you've got a Group on 'driveid'...this is because you want to summarize based on driveid / internal name.

now create a new formula with syntax similar to

if {DriveShiftCollectionsView2.Type} = "Procedure"

then {DriveShiftCollectionsView2.Collected}

put this new formula on the Details section, then right click on the new formula choose Insert > Summary > type = Sum, and change the Summary Location to the driveid group.

-jamie