SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple MRPs of same article which having same UPC

former_member214154
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one requirement i hv come across -

A same article is been procured from same vendor on different prices on different periods. Based on different purchase prices, system calculates different MRPs of same article which is having one UPC only. Now business wants to flow all MRPs to the POS system and POS system should have capability to pop up all MRPs on its screen so cashier can opt the right MRP and sell the item from POS.

Now my question is how will system maintain different MRPs of same article which has a common UPCs. If we can maintain multiple MRPs for same article then how will send all MRPs details to POS system.

Please do let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,

Ashish Kumar

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You can maintain multiple prices for different validity at the same time and same can be send to POS as well through idoc/direct send condition....

BR

Ajaya Kumar Mishra  

0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

Thanks for reply. Please correct me if i am wrong. As we all know we can maintain multiple MRPs for same article but here situation is quite different. all the MRPs are being maintained in within same period. I will explain you through one example:

Let say First MRP calculated from vendor cost is 100 Rs. validity period 01.04.2014 to 31.12.2099

Second MRP calculated from vendor cost is 110 Rs. validity period 06.04.2014 to 31.12.2099

Article number - XXXXXXXXXXXX

UPC number -   8901234567891

Now tell me how will maintain VKP0 for both MRPs?

If we can then at what level we can maintain? Can we maintain article and UPC (EAN) levels separately?

How will send both MRPs to the POS? Does we need to send through WP_PLU or COND_A idoc?

Please let me know the complete steps from the beginning to the end.

Thanks,

Ashish Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As per your above example you have to maintain first MRP for period 01.04.204 to 05.04.2014 and then second MRP period will be from 06.04.2014 to 31.12.9999....

For sending data to POS you can use COND_A idoc as COND A will send all the price & validity maintained for the article in system....

BR

Ajaya Kr. Mishra 

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

First you have to identify the condition table with Vendor on it.  You have to decide on the Condition table combination, whether you need Sales Area  / Article or EAN / Vendor.  Accordingly you have to create a COND_A idoc.  After you create the idoc, things should be working automatically as VKP0 is a default condition type that is taken care in the idoc that goes to POS (WBBDLD), i believe.

Thanks,
Kishore MVR