cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repoint existing Local and Central Repositories to new SAP Data Services setup

0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is in continuation to my previous discussion.

Currently we have BODS 4.0 SP2 running with SAP BI 4.0 SP2 cluster. In order to separate BODS from BI 4.0 SP2 and run it separately with IPS 4.0 SP2 we want to:-

- completely uninstall BODS 4.0 SP2 from existing windows machine

- create a new database instance for IPS 4.0 SP2

- Install IPS on the same SAP DS server

- Install DS 4.0 SP2 again on the same server pointing to new IPS CMS.

Now while configuring Data Services we need to point it back to existing local and central repositories. My question is do we need to upgrade the repositories using Repositories Manager?? As we have not upgraded to any newer version and just uninstalled and re installed same Data Services version with IPS this time. Is there anything specific we need to do?

Do we need to configure each job server and local and central repos in CMC manually?

Cheers,

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

As you mentioned that currently you are changing the platform for BODS in place of BOE 4.x you are using IPS 4.X that is great decision.

Now while configuring Data Services we need to point it back to existing local and central repositories. My question is do we need to upgrade the repositories using Repositories Manager?? As we have not upgraded to any newer version and just uninstalled and re installed same Data Services version with IPS this time. Is there anything specific we need to do?

Solution: No need to upgrade because you are only changing the platform of BODS  in place of BOE 4.x you are using IPS 4.X, Now below are the steps need to be performed.

• As you mentioned that you are using the same BODS version (BODS 4.0 SP2) then no need to upgrade because that Local & Secure Central Repository will contain same version metadata of BODS.
  • After Installation of BODS & BOIPS in new platform, Open Central management console and add both local & secure central repository.
  • Apply rights & Security in Local & Secure Central Repository.

Do we need to configure each job server and local and central repos in CMC manually?

Solution: Yes you have to delete & recreate the Job server because job server is always using the machine name. So if your machine name is different then please do the below steps

• Delete Job Server details from AL_MACHINE_INFO Table for all Local Repository.

Please refer the below article for more details

Thanks,

Daya

0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

We have taken backup of Data Services configuration files mentioned above also I have taken local/central repositories and users backup in a BIAR file however would like to know how we take a backup of Batch Jobs, Datastores etc we see in Data Services Management Console??

Also as we will be doing a fresh re-install of same Data Services version on the same server machine (after cleanup ofcourse) please let me know if we will need to point it to old DSConfig file..We will be creating new job servers to connect to existing repositories in our database.

Thanks

Anshul

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are taken the backup of Local & central repository in form of database of ATL/XML then no need to take a backup of Batch Jobs, Datastores etc..

If you are creating a new job server then there is no use of DSConfig.txt.

DSConfig.txt: Contains Job Server Information related t particular server (machine).

Only be sure that if you are creating a job server with different name on same server please delete the old machine info from that local repository.

It will not harm any thing but unnecessary you can see in BODS Designer of Management console when you execute the batch job or real time job

Thanks,

Daya

Answers (0)