cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection type 0130

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we need to have a 0130 inspection type in a production order for an external operation if we already have inspection characterisitics to this operation work center (and a control key which is inspection relevant and is marked as external processed) ? Cant we just have the 03 assigned to the material and track all production order inspection (inhouse as well as subcontracting) in a single 03 inspection lot rather than having a 03 and a 0130 inspection lot for the production order.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe what you are describing is production order with an external or sub-contracting operation.

Yes. you can use just an 03 inspection lot if you want.  The difference is that you basically lose certain integration aspects.

The 0130 inspection type, (which I assume might also be an 01 inspection type as it appears you are using vendor series approval process here and you are just on the the 0130 step), is only created when you receive the sub-contracted material back from the vendor.  By failing the inspection lot, you can return the materials directly back to the vendor without taking receipt of them.  Having the separate 01 lot allows for you to create vendor complaints for out of spec materials, delivery delays, etc...  If you use the 03 only, you lose some of the features of tracking your vendor performance.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 0130 is not for the model series. It gets generated when I receive the service PO for the external production operation. I am trying to see the value in having two inspection lots (03, 0130) and maybe even 04 for a single production order.

As you said if I have just the 03 and not the 0130 in addition, then I lose the vendor specifics unless I report on that specific operation in 03.

Guess many ways to skin the cat in SAP. Trying to create data maintainence to a minimum. Do you see an absolute need for 0130 besides vendor level reporting ?

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It just gives you more control over the stock.  Using just an 03 would mean the stock just shows up in unrestricted inventory when it arrives and the inventory is yours.  If the inspection isn't typically a concern, then maybe no worries.  If it's a critical component and historically the vendor has issues providing it, then I'd want to keep an 01 lot.  Or if the material often has to be sent back to be reworked, I'd want this.

Craig