SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIB Posting Updating the current Budget

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

I am facing an issue in FM Revenue increasing budget. I am using FMMPRBB to post Revenue increasing budget and in it document type i am using have a setting of automatic releasing the budget and source and target budget type for RIB are also in consumable budget, but when system is posting budget to the RIB target address , BUDCON report is showing it in current budget column not in consumable budget. Please guide me what can be the reason behind this.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ledger 9H budget filter setting, did you include the budget type that you specify as target budget type on FMMPRBB selection screen?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ledger 9H budget filter setting, did you include the budget type that you specify as target budget type on FMMPRBB selection screen?

0 Kudos

Hello:

I never configured any budget type specific settings in Define the Consumable Budget node. It was as shown in the picture, now do i need to configure it by removing fund dependent release settings in order to make RIB posted budget current budget . I never faced this issue before. Please guide me.

Regards

0 Kudos

What is your current setting under that node? can you post a screen shot?

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I just did a quick and dirty test. It worked perfectly. But we do not have fund based budget release and I included the budget types in 9H. However the documentation does say you can leave that configuration blank. The other thing is I made RIB structure at the same level as budget structure (our AVC control object is aggregated). You might want to first reconstruct AVC ledger then look at the report FMAVCR01. That report tells you a whole lot more than BUDCON does. 

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks Ming, i included all consumable budget type in Filter settings for 9H in Define the consumable Budget by first removing fund dependent release settings. After that i reconstructed AVC ledger and then posted RIB budget via FMMPRBB and it started to show in consumable budget . However i still wonder why it was happening before for other budget types with my fund dependent release settings.

Thank you for your kind input.

Regards

0 Kudos

The documentation does say, if you do not make the filter setting, all budget types are included. Why don't you remove the filter and reconstruct the AVC ledger and see what happens

The documentation also says, if you have fund based release, in the filter setting, you leave the field Budget Value Type blank and you do not include any budget types. you can also try it. Of course you'll need to reconstruct the AVC again.

I presume your fund dependent release is automatic. If that is the case and none of the above works, raise the issue to SAP.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

I have figured out the reason now, in automatic release settings for document type ZGRN which i was using for automatic releasing RIB budget, RBBST and RBBT processed were not included so that is why budget was getting posted under Current budget even with Fund dependent release settings with no budget type specifications. Thank you for above valuable input.

There is an issue when i post RIB budget via FMMPRBB, please see the attaches screen shot, why is revenue budget increasing , as per my understanding by virtue of an invoice posting on RIB address with revenue commitment  item, fund and fund center, only OPEX related budget should increase but why is revenue address receiving budget. BUDCON view is also attached for revenue commitment item

0 Kudos

I don't think that is an issue. The increased receiver budget should be taken out from the sender BUDGET. Commitmen/actuals amount at the sender address shout not be changed.