cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Content is Not working in BI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In BW 7.4, I am trying to display content via Mange Infoprovider. Till 7.3 the data used to show in the BW system itself.

Where as in 7.4 BW system display data redirecting to below URL and it’s calling a webdynpro APP called “rsdmdm_md_maintenance_app” as below URL

http://host:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rsdmdm_md_maintenance_app?IOBJNM=ZDV_EMPID&sap-language=EN.

Bu this URL giving 500 Internet server error.

Can any one help with what I am missing here? In 7.4 is it possible to display content in BW system itself?

Thanks in advance.

Venky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Thanks for all your responses.

Basis has fixed this issue.

luizandr_sfreire
Explorer
0 Kudos

How Did your Basis make?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200384
Participant
0 Kudos

Post upgrade SAP BW 7.4; Internet Communication Framework (ICF) services will be inactivated due to security reasons. The services needs to be activated on application-related basis only, and it can be done manually (Right click then Activate),Apart from BASIS ,Even SAP BW Team also have access and they can do it manually by following the URL given in the error screen through transaction SICF.

In SICF Tcode...You can get most of the services needs to be activated post BW 7.4 upgrade under default_host/sap/public and the tree will open. Choose Services ….Right click…..Activate..the issue will be resolved.

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review following SAP Note. The new behavior (WebDynpro based Master Data maintenance) is now standard since SAP BW 7.4 SP05. Old SAPGui based screen is not possible anymore.

The notes describes the SICF services you need to activate to make it work.

My understanding is that old SAPGui based screen could not handle certain newer data types. As per SAP the new feature has some good benefits such as copy/paster multiple lines from spreadsheet.

1997402 - Master data maintenance is not possible in old GUI based
one

1969105 - Master data maintenance for InfoObjects does not
start

- Inactive services in the Internet Communication Framework

1969092 - Exception when launching master data maintenance for some
InfoObjects; additional option f...

Hope this helps.

btw: I only found out this week hard way as we just did SAP BW 7.4 upgrade. 🙂

Thank you with kind regards,

Satya,

Resolution

It’s not possible to switch to old GUI Based Master data maintenance. Incase
if new master data maintenance is not working please check:

• Check if services as described in note 517484 is active
  • In transaction SICF activate services starting with RSDMDM*
  • Check if note 1969092 is implemented already.

See Also

Additionally the new UI has some advantages like editing values directly
within the tables, so it’s not required to edit the values one by one,  or the
option to copy and paste values from a spreadsheet directly in to table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try reactivate (deactivate -> activate "tree") relevant services in SICF: sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rsdmdm_md_maintenance_app or the complete tree: sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert. I did it no luck on this.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no "BW system itself". You are simply viewing the BW system through a program that runs on your PC called SAPGui. The webdynpro is a view on the same system, but through a browser.

What you have appears to be an internal issue to do with the web dynpro set up. You need to talk to your basis team - it requires analysis as it could be caused by any number of issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Matthew. I mean to say BW system means with in GUI. Do you have any idea about settings to change the display option to view data in GUI instead of webdynpro?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You will find that as SAP applications develop you will have more transactions that run only in the browser. For example, to maintain web services, you must use SOAMANAGER - which is browser only.

magrukal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I've just found this thread, after I saw that maintenance of characteristic values also only can be done in the browser. Are you sure there is no way to switch this back? I am unable to work like that... 😕

Br,

Mario

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe there's an rsa1_old or suchlike available. Otherwise, have you tried listcube?