cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHSM implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have compliance data REACH & RoHS in SQL data base. Now, we are implementing SAP EHSM. How can we map sql db and SAP attributes? what are the things to be considering ? Could you please help? Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

Data model of EHSM is fairly different than classic EHS as EHSM is based on BOPF data model. Since you have mentioned reach and ROH data which makes me believe that you are talking for EHSM Product Compliance implementation. Please look at compliance data node in BOPF workbench to see what are the database tables that ties so it so that you can map it accordingly.

Attributes to map for data conversion for EHSM very much ties to its BOPF structure.

LSMW can be used to import data from SQL to EHSM however we are opting for XML load. You can use program R_EHFND_BO_XML to use XML load file from your sql database and import into EHSM.

Thanks.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear D M

according to: consolut - R_EHFND_BO_XML - Dump BO as XML you could use the report you mentioned to prepare an XML output; but it can not be used for import. Do you have different informaiton according to that?

C.B.

0 Kudos

Hi C.B,

You can use same program to import using XML to BO option.

First get the structure and format of BO into XML, use that XML to load data and then use XML to BO option to import data into the system.

Thanks.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear D M

thanks: I was "irritiated" as the link mentioned mentions only export and not the import.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello D M

I am using R_EHFND_BO_XML program to create new chemical records. However the prorgam unable to save the records into table EHFNDD_CHM_ROOT table. The output display Root Key is created succesfully.

Any suggestions?

Nathan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

The master guide provides the information about required/optional system landscape elements, integrated applications details, etc

Your answer is here :Page # 39 - 4- Business Scenario : Product Compliance below master guide.

Master Guide

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies!!!

Yes I'm using "Component Extension for EHS Management 4.0, Product Compliance".

Could you please tell me how the configurations happening in component extension for EHSM. Thanks!!

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravana

this topic has been disussed very often here. E.g.

The EHSM implemntation topic and the data migration topc is discussed often. Only as reference may be might be a starting point

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know what are the EHS attributes to be considered to map between SQL db and SAP?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravana

please make it more specific. Do you implement SAP EHS "classic" or Component Extension for SAP EHS Management? Term EHSM is in most cases used in context of Component Extension for SAP EHS Management.

Regarding Component Extension: the discussion of "migration" of data has been discussed E.g. here:

Regarding EHS classic: just refer to SAP on online help. E.g.

Import and Export - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Regarding yoru general topic: Any source system does have a specific structure (data base structure). EHS and EHSM have their own structure. Any project regarding the topic oif data migration is therefore "special" and no general answer can be provided for your demand).,

C.B.