cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data inconsistency: Area 30 for value takeover is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to enter Asset Transaction: Asset Sale Without Customer (ABAON) but I am getting the error below:

Data inconsistency: Area 30 for value takeover is missing

Message no. AAPO105

Diagnosis

According to its formula, depreciation area 31 is defined for mandatory takeover of values from depreciation area 30. However, depreciation area 30 was not posted during the current transaction (chart of depreciation MY01). This is not allowed.

Procedure

Check the specifications for the current transaction type.

I have checked OAYZ configuration. Area 30 does not have a 'Deactivate' tick on it. What does the Deactivate tick mean? If I need to change and tick it, how do I so since it is grayed out?

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks,

Josef

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to use transaction code ABAO. Provide required input in inital screen and than on subsequent screen you have option of providing posting value for each dep. Area using below button.

Regards,

Anand Raichura

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not get initial screen Did not work too.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you display the asset you want to retire? Book 01 and Book 30, tcode AW01n.

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried displaying it. My asset currently does not have values and I am getting  error when trying to retire: "No depreciation areas have been defined for asset 2-0"

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

So this means you are posting disposal on an asset without values? You can not post asset sales to an asset without any values.

I thought your error in ABAON is "Data inconsistency: Area 30 for value takeover is missing" and now your error is this ""No depreciation areas have been defined for asset 2-0". Are we talking to tow different assets?

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was trying to do ABAON (retirement) using an asset without any values. So I cannot do that?

The "No depreciation areas have been defined for asset 2-0" I am getting when I try to view the asset balances in AW01N. The "Data inconsistency: Area 30 for value takeover is missing" I am getting when trying to create the retirement entry via ABAON.

Is that clearer now? Sorry if it was a bit confusing. And yes, I am working on the same asset for both errors.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Fisrt your asset has no value, so you can not retire that asset. If you want to deactivate the asset without values yiu can mark it for deletion or update the deactivation date manually in asset master data AS02.

The asset has no depreciation area maintained as per your error in AW01n, that means your asset has no depreciation area. The asset was created when the depreciation areas were deactivated on transaction code OAYZ.

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ssarwar
0 Kudos

Please follow the SAP note 2896283 - Transaction F-92 error AAPO105

Regards,

Saad Sarwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

To have the Dep area 30 to remove the gray filed pls try below

1. Go to t-code OAYZ

2. Select the entire row against depreciation area 30

3. Go to emnu:  Edit >> Change Field contents

4. Select the values to be changed and clickthe 'Tick' mark (e.g. Dep.area deactivated - select the row)

5. It will ask for new value (enter).  Key in and the values will be changed.

Additionally check the AO21 T-code for the respective screen layout if Class+MnNo+Sbno. ticked.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did all the steps you have given but it did not change anything

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Josef,

Is your transfer only limits to depreciation area 30? Is your tarnsaction type used in ABAON limit for depreciation area 30? As what I see in your configuration Book 01 is deactivated, so I guess your Book 30 derived its value from Book 01. If Book 01 is deactivated, it will not be posted in ABAON, thus 30 can not be posted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay-R,

In OAYZ, I had depereciation area 01 unticked in "Deactivation" column before but I still had the same error. I hope you have other ideas

Thanks,

Josef

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

Where does Book 30 derived its value? Kindly check OABC and OABD. What depreciation area assigned to Book 30 for derivation?

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay-R,

First of all, thank so much for being patient in helping me out.

Below is the set-up I have for OABC and OABD. What should I correct?

OABC

OABD

Josef

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the links given below.

Error:Data inconsistency: Area 10 for value tak... | SCN

http://scn.sap.com/thread/583048

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for trying to help but the information you have provided still does not solve my problem. I have tried to check OAYZ and activate the depreciation area 30 but it is not modifiable. I tried to run AFBN as well but I get the error "Depreciation area cannot be processed" with not much information as well when I run it.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Josef

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

What is the error message you are getting.

Can you please share the error message no please.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I have written the error in my response.

Error in AFBN:

"Depreciation area cannot be processed"

Thanks,

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

This might be due to new depreciation area addition recently, is it ?

For the message in AFBN,

Depreciation area  that you entered in chart of depreciation cannot be processed, as this program can only process real depreciation areas and not derived areas.

If it is a derived depreciation area then this program not works.

Based on initial error message it appears 31 is deriving values from 30. You might have run AFBN for area 30. Please check what the parameters in area 30. Some time dep.area defined as derived can be a real dep.area if it is the differences derived value from other dep.areas.

In that case please check the link back where exactly the values should come and flow.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I know if the depreciation area is real or derived?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Depreciation area settings in OABN transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the location is same but..post the screens of Dep. area 30 & 31 settings as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go:

As you can see, there seems to be no difference.