cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC error checking in a data model

Former Member
0 Kudos

At my client we're using PD 16.5.0 build 3982, and we're trying to check in a LDM that was originally generated from a PDM. When we try and check the LDM in to the repository, we get an ODBC error:

ODBC driver for Oracle

ORA-12899: value too large for column "PMTEXT"."TDAT" (actual: 2002, maximum: 2000)

SQLSTATE = NA000

I have an old (PD 16.1) PDM for the repository, which shows the column as having a length of 30,000, not 2,000. On my own laptop, the 16.5.3 (Sybase SQL Anywhere) repository also shows the column as varchar(30,000). However, the client's 16.5.0 Oracle database shows the column as varchar2(2000).

Has anyone else had this problem with an Oracle repository?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As Klaus wrote. "Byte per char" (MaxBytePerChar) is the key for this issue.

You have to define it in you repository connection profile or in the proxy configuration tool.

MountainKing
Explorer
0 Kudos

I also got this error for the first time yesterday when trying to check in an LDM:

"Some errors occur during the update of the repository model.

Unexpected error while executing SQL statements in the repository

ORA-12899: value too large for column "SAP_PD_REPO"."PMTEXT"."TDAT" (actual: 2004, maximum: 2000)

select max(TXID) from PMTEXT

Unexpected error while updating the repository document.

The check in of the document has been cancelled."

I changed my Bytes per char from 1 to 3 in my Repository Definition, and this appears to have resolved it. However, I am curious as to what caused it in the first place, as I have previously been able to check this model in without any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your settings for MaxBytePerChar  in your ODBC connection details. If you have a  multi byte database this helps to correctly store chars that are represented by more than 1 byte, e.g. the EUR sign in a comment field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have tried this,

In General Options under Referential select Referential Category and set number of characters per byte to 3