cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack status misleading

0 Kudos

Dear All

We have scenario of Pick, Pack Stage and Load where in loose items are picked to  temporary reusable pick HU (Totes) and brought to Pack work center.

In the Packing station they are packed  as per customer specific packaging , Finally staged and Loaded.

Issue is  delivery gets the pack status "completed"immediately after the pick confirmation to Pick HU and not based on actual pack completion.

Is there any way to reflect the packing status after completion of packing in the work center.

I could have activated the flag " Do not put away HUs" in the Pack  center  storage type but we want to track the pick HU's adn the contents at the pack stations until they are transferred to packing cartons.

An extension to above question>>

Unlike the above scenario where the loose items are picked into the pick HU the scenario here is Picking of cartons to pick HU..

How to handle the requirement of  Pick HU being with the  resource after pick confirmation and the requirement is to just drop the picked cartons at the pack work center.

regards

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duraiajan

I hope this is Correct as its belong to task and not activity.

And if you see activity OB02 then its has to complete at work center. This is about task.

Pack status on del for picking and not for packing activity.

Regards

Suraj

0 Kudos

Dear Suraj

It is not the question of correct or wrong.. We are trying to address the business  requirement of having the pack status completed after actual completion in pack work center.

I feel some where you should be able to instruct the system that we are not doing source packing and i believe  WO creation category  makes sense.

For eg..

WO creation category if it's pick path then the pack status not completed after picking

WO creation category if it's pick and Pack then the pack status can have completed status after picking.

regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana

You correctly catch

WO creation category  makes sense.

For eg..

WO creation category if it's pick path then the pack status not completed after picking

WO creation category if it's pick and Pack then the pack status can have completed status after picking.

This will work for you for you.

WO creation category if it's pick path then the pack status not completed after picking.

Process is just auto WT creation may not happen till it pack. need to check.

only here is first WT is take hu via pick hu from bin to pack bin.

wt 2 >>pack and complete pack step.

wt3 >> create WT for pack to staging and then wt4 load.

if you need any other help please let me know.

regards

Suraj

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree with Suraj's Solution. Apart from this, you can also do through, VAS Process by creating a Packaging Specification of type VAS. But, Here, you need to create lot of Packaging Specifications to carry out your packing requirements.

Regards,

Sathish