Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP note validity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've read that SAP notes are changes to standard code which are to be included in the next release. I was approached by a team to implement a SAP note; upon checking the validity the note is only applicable to previous SAP versions. Our system is a more recent one. When I check the SAP note in SNOTE, it says "can be implemented". My question is, is this note applicable? Should I follow the validity section of the SAP note? Or can I implement this because it's status says so in SNOTE?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

sometimes SAP notes are containing some wrong informations. For example if a SAP note is only valid for other releases, but contains a correction instruction for your release, which is valid for your support package level, then you can try to implement it. Many incorrect informations in SAP notes come from SAP version updates, when the note says, it is valid for release x SP level from a to b and correction instruction says, it is valid for release x SP level from c to d. 

But please check carefully, that all manual activities can be done and all additionally required notes and their manual activities can also be implemented (or are obsolete).

If you get an installation error, please uninstall the note after installation  (if this is possible).

There are many possible errors and issues that may occur:

• Correction instruction is already partially implemented
  • You get activation errors, for some business functions are not active (Switch Framework). In this case you may be unable to uninstall the note without errors.
  • and many more

If you're thinking that the note will help you to solve an issue, please try to implement it. In case of error you should feel free to contact SAP support.

Regards,

Klaus

3 REPLIES 3

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

sometimes SAP notes are containing some wrong informations. For example if a SAP note is only valid for other releases, but contains a correction instruction for your release, which is valid for your support package level, then you can try to implement it. Many incorrect informations in SAP notes come from SAP version updates, when the note says, it is valid for release x SP level from a to b and correction instruction says, it is valid for release x SP level from c to d. 

But please check carefully, that all manual activities can be done and all additionally required notes and their manual activities can also be implemented (or are obsolete).

If you get an installation error, please uninstall the note after installation  (if this is possible).

There are many possible errors and issues that may occur:

• Correction instruction is already partially implemented
  • You get activation errors, for some business functions are not active (Switch Framework). In this case you may be unable to uninstall the note without errors.
  • and many more

If you're thinking that the note will help you to solve an issue, please try to implement it. In case of error you should feel free to contact SAP support.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

is there any sap notes without valid releases section ? is there any note relevant for any system ? thank you

0 Kudos

is there any sap notes without valid releases section ? is there any note relevant for any system ? thank you