cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Privilege information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to know how the privilege was assigned to user U ? by Rules? by Business Roles?

I mean, for each user I need get the infromation, how he/she got the privilege?

Any possibility or sql request? to get the information.

Many thanks for help,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get the assignment type as 1 or 0 - 1 is inherited I think.

There's a table that tells you but its a 'system' table and is not guaranteed to be the same between versions.  I think its MX_STRUCTURE_ROOT.  You can query it easily enough and it gets rebuilt every time a privilege is assigned so it will always be up to date.  Just be aware its not a 'version safe' solution.

Someone mentioned making it a standard component given the number of people that have asked for it.  Not sure the timeframes on that though

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The problem is that when I query the table MXI_STRUCTURE_ROOT for each privilege I got the TOP ROOT Business Role and I am not able to rebuild the hierarchy of the relation privilege-BR.

Thanks,

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to rebuild the hierarchy, then you need a self recursive script.  WARNING: This may get slow and do NOT get it wrong or it'll run forever.  I've done it a few times to trace back up the list looking for where the user gets it - its never pretty.

Also, you'll need to search the entire list in case they get it from multiple places.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I get the point, many thanks your your help.

Regards,

Jessica