cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use QM to Control of customer supplied product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i implement QM to Control of customer supplied product without using QM in Procurement.

Because in my scenario will have HQ and Plant.

The QM is only carry out in the plant but if i activate QM in Procurement ,

when GR of the Raw Material in HQ need carry out the Inspection.

My question : - Can i GR the raw material from the supplier , transfer the stock to the plant and carry out the inspection after my transfer ?

Hope this will not be category as General Question By Admin.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QM in procurement is an interesting field

Once you turn on QM in procurement for one plant, you must enter a control key for all plants.  I.e. even thought the QM in procurement is on a plant level screen, it is actually a client level setting.

So, what you need to do is configure a control key that has no functions.  I.e. no checked boxes in configuration.  I usually set up a control key 0000 with no functions.

You would then assign control key 0000 to  your HQ plant.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

Thanks for your information. Just want to know more about the control Key

Do you mean that the control key are only for QM and it's under QM configuration setting ?

Because as i aware there're also PP Control Key.

Can we use one config for both ?

Thank you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PP control keys and QM control keys are separate.  Yes. its under QM Config.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not activate inspection in HQ  and activate inspection in plant...when you transfer the material from HQ to plant then QM will be there. activate inspection type 08 stock transfer inspection in material masters in the plant...

Hope this helps

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar ,

Thanks for your input.

Beside that for this scenario , what if my end result wish to have COA , may i know what's the master data that required ?

Hope to hear from you.

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create COA follow below steps:

1. Create certificate profile(Transaction-QC01): Assign form (standard form used for COA is QM_QCERT_01, but you can modify as per your requirement with ABAP help). Assign characteristics(MIC), materials and release.

2. Create Certificate Profile Assignment(Transaction-QC15): As per required key combination create certificate profile assignment.

3. Qulality Certificate(Transaction-QC21): After Result recording and Usage decision enter your inspection lot to print the quality certificate.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Gururaj

Message was edited by: Craig S - Removed request for points.. warning.. will delete future replies if repeated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

gururaj,

Thanks for your input , YES I would like to know in order for me to just turn on inspection type 08 stock transfer inspection in material masters.I am new in QM because QM have many master data.

In order to have the COA to print out , Beside QM View - What are the required QM Master Data required ?

Thanks.