Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Background Jobs

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we have to change the owner of almost 300 jobs. eg, For all  300 jobs Owner change from a to b.

So can anyone tell how we can change the owner name in this case.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Use report BTC_MASS_JOB_CHANGE

Regards

1532884 - Mass changes of jobs

You cannot replace a particular job step user or job creator with a new user after this employee leaves (or if they get married or change their work center, among other things).

The report BTC_MASS_JOB_CHANGE is developed for mass changes of jobs. Import the Support Package or implement the correction instructions.

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

is there any side effect of running this report. I mean if i change the owner there then do i need to change anything else??

Regards,

Mohit

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

the job owner is only a statistical data. Important is the step owner. You can change the job owner without resulting any problems (but the owner should exsists).

Best regards

Willi Eimler

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Willi,

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain it more.

I have started the report BTC_MASS_JOB_CHANGE. And now i have to change the owner of the job from A->B.. Both user exist in the system.

Now if i change the owner from A->B. Do i have to take care of step owner also?

Regards,

Mohit

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

a Job consists of a Job header and of several job steps. In the job header you define where and when a job runs.

The job steps are the part of the job, where the “work” is done. You define what program should be started and the user context  the program should use.

The user in the header doesn’t influence the processing of the job. The user in the header of the job is only a selection criteria you can use in theselection screen of transaction sm37.

In this screen you can change both. The header user (jobowner) and the step user. You can manage this by using the checkboxes. If a user has to be deleted, change both: the step user and the job owner!

Best regards

Willi Eimler

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Willi,

Thank you for giving good explanation. I will try to implement this then will get back to you with the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Answers (0)