cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with load from Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have issues with loading the data from excel.

My excel file looks like this:

Time

Store

Neto_prodaja_ACT

Neto_prodaja_TAR

Jan-12

C1

Feb-12

C1

Jan-12

C2

Feb-12

C2

My procedure for load is:

CLEAR STATUS 

Across Var Down Time, Store

Sel Neto_prodaja_ACT, Neto_prodaja_TAR

Sel Store Input

access lslink

connect test1

select * from my_list

peek only 10

read

end

When I load the data I receive following error:

Time                         Store Neto_prodaja_ACT  Neto_prodaja_TAR 

1 01/01/2012                   C1 16.00             16.00 

2 02/01/2012                   C1 2.00              2.00 

3 01/01/2012                   C2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       1.00              1.00 

4 02/01/2012                   C2 3.00              3.00 

4 Record(s) Read, 0 Record(s) Skipped.

DAT096:

Unexpected Dimensions in ACROSS/DOWN List For Variable NETO_PRODAJA_ACT

DAT096:

Unexpected Dimensions in ACROSS/DOWN List For Variable NETO_PRODAJA_TAR

The loaded data looks like this:

The data for store C2 is loaded also on store C1 so everything is messed up.

I also have a question regarding dimensions.  I have a model in PAS which has data from different data sources (BW and excel). In excel I have dimensions which are not loaded from BW (they don't exist there). How to create such dimenison?

Thank you a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Petra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

One thing that is missing in your selections is the selection of Time, but the error is not related with that, it's only to put the selections in the correct way.

Regarding the error, did you create those two metrics BY the Store dimension? It looks like the metrics are not using that dimension.

EDIT: Regarding the creation of the dimensions defined in Excel, to do that you just need to create a PAS procedure with the correct syntax.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pedro for your help.

I have created measures by dimensions.

Do you maybe know how the procedure for creating dimension from excel looks like? We are new to strategy management and I was not able to find anything on the internet.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Petra

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Petra,

The Forum isn't really designed as a training system but rather where people can share questions or get a separate pair of eyes to look afresh at issues that aren't working for some reason. This is particularly the case for something which is as important as creating dimensions.

The idea of the SSM Cube Builder/Model Designer was to enable people to build models with their relevant dimensions and metrics for demos and simple initial systems using manual data entry. If you are getting into building dimensions that will be outside BW then you are moving into the implementation arena rather than demo creation and need to work carefully so that things tie up.

I doubt people would expect to be able to set up/implement BW without training and SSM is the same.

If you would like training or would like to collaborate on a first project to enable skills transfer then my colleague Pedro and I would be happy to discuss this. We have done this with other people and it has worked well.

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Thank you for all your help.
I have to speak with my superiors about training.

Best regards,

Petra

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Petra

What we have done is work in collaboration with other partners on a project so that the project becomes the base for the training with the result that you have real experience of making the most of SSM's capabilities, a real implementation and the skills to apply to your next project.

In other instances partners have brought us in working through them and we have trained the end user staff so they take control of the system. Whichever method is most appropriate we can work with it.

Regards

Colin