cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage decision vs result recording.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Guru,

I am new in QM , was MM & PP support. I am confused here about the usage decision vs result recording.

I do understand in QM there's inspection lot , in order to release the inspection lot , i should released the UD.

So what's the different between this both ?

Can i have inspection lot without result recording ?

Or can i have inspection lot without UD ?

Please help to clarify my confuse.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is fairly basic question.. but I can understand some of the confusion as it's probably not 100% in the documentation.

Results recording and UD are two different actions. 

You must have an inspection lot to do a UD or results recording

Yes..if you have an inspection lot you must always do a usage decision.  But depending on design and set up these can be done automatically by the system.

No.. you do not always need to do results recording, you can set it up just to have a UD.

Any results recorded tend to drive what the UD should be.  It is of course up to the user in most cases.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crag ,

Thanks for understand because i am totally new in QM.

I won't use QM for Notification here. I will use QM for stock transfer & QM in Delivery before PGI.

As i know the basic requirement of QM 

Setup the Master Data (QM View & all QM relavant data) ---> Type of inspection (which will determine which type of inspection to carry out ) -----> Inspection Lot Configuration --->Configuration for UD ----> Configuration for COA.

Master data that which required

1. Material master QM view,
  2. Master inspection characteristics,
  3. Task lists or inspection plans
  4. Code, Code groups and Selected sets.
  5. Quality info-record

My Question :

1. By having the above setup and configuration , without result recording can i have the COA to print out for either Post Process Inspection (Final FG) or Inspection at Delivery ?
  2. With the Master Data which i mention as above , is it sufficient for me to activate
  • Post Process Inspection (Final FG - QM PP)
  • QM Inspection at Delivery (QM /SD)
  • QM stock transfer with inspection type 08.

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Master Data: If you don't want to carry out Result recording then I suppose you would print the CoA from the Batch characteristics (Batch master). In this case, don't to make MICs.

As it seems to me, Rest of Master data details you gave would be required to prepare.

Along with that, You would need to Create a Certificate profile, its Assignment and then Print for Batch or Inspection lot.

With the Master Data which i mention as above , is it sufficient for me to activate

• Post Process Inspection (Final FG - QM PP)
  • QM Inspection at Delivery (QM /SD)
  • QM stock transfer with inspection type 08.

I think this would be sufficient to achieve the needs. Post process seems GR from Production inspection to me (04 type) & Delivery inspection (10, 11 or 12).

Why do you need Stock transfer inspection? It is basically used when you need to do inspection after material movement, say location change or similar.

I assume your process involves Production confirmation> Quality inspection> Delivery> Delivery inspection> PGI> Dispatch to Customer.

If that's correct, you won't need 08 inspection type.

I hope I have followed you in a correct way.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nintin,

You 're right because i do need to have it for Stock transfer . Raw material From  supplier into HQ plant but i cannot have inspection in HQ plant.The inspection only can carry out in another plant after stock transfer.

So i assume that would be correct process.

Because i would like to minimum setting for Master data and functionality in term of QM.

Thank you

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raw material is brought in HQ first, then it is shifted to another plant and production is carried out. Is that the process? Two plants !!

If correct, then yes, you would need 08 to carry out inspection for stock transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your response. Can i know by using Inspection Type 08 , if usage decision rejected the result . Where should this stock go ? Block or can i rework it ?

thank you

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This entirely depends on your business process. Material can be posted out of QI either to Unrestricted (for rework) or Block stock. There is no rule for that.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

How am i able to create automatically inspection lot creation by using Inspection Type 08 ?

Is the automatically inspection lot creation is in configuration via spro ?

thank you

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You assign the inspection type 08 in the quality management view in the material master at the plant where inspection is carried out... now when you do the stock transfer from HQ to your plant inspection lot is automatically generated...of course you should have all the QM master data like MIC's, sampling procedure and inspection plans in the plant where you want to do inspection...

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your response. I am not doing QC at Purchasing. So do i still need sampling procedure?

Hope to hear from you.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspection lots are automatically generated once the relevant movement is done. So when you activate 08 inspection type and do the transfer posting, you'll get the inspection lot.

What Kumar has said, that is about master data. You need to prepare it accordingly. Sampling procedure is not mandatory to use. It entirely depends on the business process.

If you have any doubt, pl explore about sampling procedure. You'll get the clue!!

ntn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Based on the inspection type assigned in material master QM View inspection lot will be created for the respective business processes.

Eg: If inspection Type 01 is activated, once GR is completed through MIGO inspection lot will be created. Lot can be seen in QA32. First results to be recorded and therafter usage decision(UD) will be done.

Read

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri