Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How add a new system in content administration workbench

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to publish the crystal reports in bw. To do that i need to define a new system in "/crystal/rptadmin". Can some one guide me what needs to be filled up to define the correct system.

--Suman T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be a better question in the space

Start with these blogs:

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy,

Links you have given seems ok, but looks like posted long time back. Is there any steps are added or still the same.

I am very new to EA, trying to integrate crystal reports & dashboard into the launchpad. Overall i am not clear with the flows how it navigate's.

step1: I have Installed crystal reports & dashboards based on FIGL in SAPBI.

step2: I need to define a system in /crystal/rptadmin.

step3: I need to select reports & roles to publish.

step4: from there i need to pick a crystal report add in the below screen. What i have to mention in system alias ?

After this no idea, how to get the below screen.

Sorry for the long query, I don't have any option other than you to answer it. kindly guide me on this.

--SumanT

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have never done this so I can't guide you through it.  If you were publishing Crystal Reports to BW I think the BusinessObjects BI for SAP space would be a better place to post this question.  I don't think we have anyone from SAP actively monitoring this space.  I am sorry I can't help more.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your last screenshot looks like a (old - version <=3.5) NetWeaver Business Client screen (or at least a Web Dynpro screen). Where did you see that you should arrive there?

Your step 4 assumes you are going to use a launchpad. Not sure how that rhymes with your initial query "I am trying to publish the crystal reports in bw"? If you are going to use Embedded Analytics, you'll be publishing in ERP actually (but using the embedded BW system to be able to use the BI front end tools).

Anyways, it seems you started from "a" document and I'm wondering which one. I have been struggling for a couple of months now (not full-time) with Embedded Analytics and I know it can be very complicated/unclear, but I have managed to pull of a couple of things. The part where you "merely" want to display ALV lists as Crystal Reports is fairly easy to do (and actually well-explained in ' blog posts. If you want to do other things, it can become very complicated if you don't stick to the standard.

So, please let us know which document you used as a base and what your actual goal is. Some of us may put you in the right direction once we know.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raf,

Thanks for the clarification, My first confusion was to do the entire configuration on top of ecc or bw. because when i do the activation in ecc side, still its asking for the bw data marts.

Now, I have completed all the above steps and i can see the crystal reports in bo repository and nwbc too. still some error at the time of report execution. we are working on that.

But here i am creating the manual web address link in nwbc, i don't think its the right way, there might be some option to enable something, so that i can view all the crystal reports without any manual intervention.

--SumanT