Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Theme not reflecting in NWBC HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I copied standard theme and used the theme in WDA, but the theme doesnt seem to reflect. I have published the theme in theme designer.

any idea how to make the theme reflect?

Thanks in advance,

Raghavendra

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you configured the theme in table NWBC_CFG? If you are using UI2, use transaction /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST.

0 Kudos

Yes I  have tried that, have put the theme in NWBC_CFG table, but that did not work out.

I have also tried passing the theme in the URL parameter, but what happens is it defaults to the standard theme.

Am I missing something here.

And thanks for your response.

Rgds,

Raghavendra

0 Kudos

There are some known bugs in previous versions of UI Theme Designer and also SAP_BASIS. Please share the exact versions (incl. SP level) of your SAP_BASIS and UI2 components.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for responding. here is the version details

SAP_BASIS 731 0007 SAPKB73107 SAP Basis Component

UI2_700 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI2700 SAP UI2 IMPL. FOR NW 7.00

UI2_701 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI2701 SAP UI2 IMPL. FOR NW 7.01

UI2_702 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI2702 SAP UI2 IMPL. FOR NW 7.02

UI2_731 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI2731 SAP UI2 IMPL. FOR NW 7.31

UI2_FND 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI2FND SAP UI2 FOUNDATION

UI2_SRVC 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI2SRVC SAP UI INTEGRATION SERVICES

UI5_731 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUI5731 SAP UI5 TEAM PROVIDER ON 731

UISAPUI5 100 0004 SAPK-10004INUISAPUI5 SAP UI5

0 Kudos

SP04 of the UI Add-On is old, consider updating to SP07.

0 Kudos

If updating is not an option, make sure SAP note 1839261 is installed in your system. It might explain the problem you are seeing.

0 Kudos

Thanks the note had the problem described. but did not solve the problem

0 Kudos

Apart from updating to a newer SP of UI Add-On, you could try to debug the problem. Set a break point in method IF_NWBC_RUNTIME~GET_USER_INFO of ABAP class CL_NWBC_RUNTIME35. The theme is either set to the value in table NWBC_CFG or the URL parameter sap-theme. Maybe you have incorrectly maintained the name of your theme? If my memory serves me correctly in earlier releases the theme name was case sensitive.

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I really appreciate your steadfastness in helping me out, I am still having issue.

I can see the preview correctly. but when I launch from SE80 and pass it as url parameters nothings comes out.

Can you see that I am passing the published theme as URL parameter

what is going wrong?

0 Kudos

The short form of sap-theme works only if SAP note 1957578 is installed and in your case it isn't. Use the form sap-theme=<theme ID>@<theme root> where <theme root> is http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/public/bc/themes.

0 Kudos

WHen I copy paste the link below by incorporating my host name and port, it gives a forbidden 403 error, is that the right behaviour?

http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/public/bc/themes.

thanks for the information on the note, I did implement it but nothing reflected on the screen still back to the old standard theme .

Thanks,

Raghav

0 Kudos

It isn't sufficient to just implement the note, SP06 or higher of the UI Add-On is required as well. The 403 error is probably because you haven't activated the required ICF service(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update to this? I'm having the same problem.

However, some months ago this worked correctly for me with sap-theme=<theme ID>@<theme root>, but not any longer. SAP note 1839261 is obsolete for our system, and 1957578 cannot be installed.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have tried everything under the sun and it does not work. I think SAP has no clue that it does not work in certain SP levels or so. we might need to raise a call with them.

if you find a solution to this issue let me know. I shall try to contact SAP.

Regards, Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem got solved after applying Support pack.

@Samuli - Now I am having a new problem, when I try to rebuild the theme it says " Uncaught Loading Theme "sap_corbu" failed. No Configuration found. previously this problem was not there.

And thanks Samuli for all the previous inputs you have given.

regards,

raghavendra

0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Time to open a new Discussion since the topic is now different.

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.  And you can reward Samuli with points since he provided the needed input. 

Regards, Mike
SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG (and moderator)