Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open Excel from Entry & Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm using SAP Strategy Management 10.0

In Strategy Management Entry and Approval, I have created measure sets for the particular model and to enter data for actual value when I click on "Download to Excel", there is no action performed. I do not get any excel file although there is excel on my machine (2010 version).

I have tried with following things for this issue:

- Have made Active X settings in IE browser

- Have tried with MS office 2013

Can anyone please help me with same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagajyoti G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colin Cooper & Isabel Queiroz.

Please refer screenshot for the versions

It is version 10 as far as this information goes.

Kindly revert.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagajyoti G

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check the SSM version deployed use the link and replace the fields <server> and <port>:

http://<server>:<port>/strategy/tools/version.jsp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colin Cooper & Isabel Queiroz.

Dear Isabel Queiroz

Would you please help me to make the settings of java system as you mentioned in your post.

Where can I change these settings? How do I go ahead?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagajyoti G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagajyoti,

I have created KBA 2004300 with the steps required to make the changes to be able to use the new HTTP Historical and Taget data entry.

After this change you will no longer need Excel to use the Historical and Target data entry.

Regards,

Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Isabel,

I followed steps given by you in the note and in the last step when I enter DisableExcelDownloadEA in the text filter area, Im getting text saying "No properties present".

I have here by attached screenshot for reference.

Kindly revert.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagajyoti G

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagajyoti,

Have you upgraded to SP10 which was only released 30 March? I can confirm it does work!

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagajyoti,

As I mentioned in my previous post the property DisableExcelDownloadEA is only available from 10.0 SP10.

What Support package do you have installed?

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagajyoti,

There was a SAP note 1915293 back in September 2013 saying that Excel 2013 was not supported but this may have been superceded now.

Regards

Colin Cooper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

SSM 10.0 now supports Microsoft Excel 2013. However to use the SSM Excel Add-in you need to use the 32-bit version.
Note 1573951 - Restrictions for SAP BusinessObjects Strategy Management 10 has just been updated to reflect this.

Regards
Isabel

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagajyoti,

Make sure the ActiveX setting "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting" is enabled.

BTW, from SSM 10.0 SP10 there is a new Java System Property called "DisableExcelDownloadEA" which is set to "NO" by default. Setting this property to "YES" provides a new HTML page for entering Historical and Target data within Entry and Approval, replacing the Excel data entry sheet.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Isabel