cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC and CRM version compatability

0 Kudos

We are running on SAP CRM 7.0 SP8, and ECC 6.0 EHP7 SP3. Currently CRM and ECC are not integrated (Totally standalone landscapes). CRM is mainly used for Activity and Service functionalities. We are planning to integrate CRM with ECC to bring Customer Master, Product Master and  Employee master data from ECC.

My query is "How to ensure there is no CRM version compatibility issue with ECC version".

Important aspects.

- It is just master data integration. We may use CRM middleware or SAP PI to integrate ECC with CRM. As per Building Block documents, Customer, Product hierarchies are optional, so we may not opt to sync those across.

- There are no cross application functionalities at present ( business processes across ECC and CRM). However in future we may scale up to have some.

So what should we consider while looking for ECC and CRM version
compatability?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To identify possible exceptions in
version compatibility, you have the tool Upgrade Dependency Analyzer
(UDA) available. You can use this tool to determine dependencies for an
upgrade."

For further information on the compatibility between the ECC and
the CRM system please run the Upgrade Dependency Analyzer tool.

Please visit the below link upgrade dependency analyzer.

http://service.sap.com/uda

-> click on "Start Application"

Then enter the target component and existing component to check

if there are any known dependencies.

1406261: SAP for Utilities: Release combination CRM and ECC

Regards,
Aidan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Appreciate your quick reply.

Actually I already had checked uda tool. It didnt show me any impact. Note - 1406261: is specifically for utilities, so I did not find it much useful.

I also checked CRM Building Block documents . C03: CRM Master and Transaction Data Replication helped me to answer my query about compatability in context of the master data integration.

Thank you again.

Anand.