cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net SDK replacement for "CrystalFileDialogLib.EnterpriseLogonControl"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an application I've written to connect to and do useful things with our Business Objects XI 3.x server.  It seems that the COM objects I've been using no longer work.  (Outdated?  Windows 7 upgrade?  Who knows.) Most of them seem like they can be replaced and work better with .Net objects.  However, I was using the very handy "EnterpriseLogonControl" from the COM library "CrystalFileDialogLib".  It allowed me to pick and connect to an enterprise server, providing a very neat and tidy bit of enterprise login information.  It was also a Windows Forms control, so it really was just a drop in and use solution, guaranteeing that all the eyes were dotted and tees were crossed.

Is there a .Net replacement for this, or do I need to rewrite the logon form?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct replacement for that dialog that I am aware of.  It's not too difficult to write the code for it, though.  If you go to the top of this forum space, you should find a link to SDK sample code on the left.  At least one of the samples will have a logon screen  you can use.  If it's from an earlier version of BO, you can just update the referenced assemblies as the code for logging in hasn't changed in the 9 or so years that I've been working with this SDK.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that makes me a little sad since it was such a nice, neat solution, but I guess we pay the price for progress. 🙂

Answers (0)