Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Web Client UI - Timeout and Timeout Link

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We use CRM Web Client UI for Solution Manager (ChaRM) but it doesn’t seem to take long to time out (i.e. if the user doesn’t do anything).

How do I change the timeout settings for CRM Web Client?

Secondly, after it times out, a popup box appears saying you have been logged out and you can log back in (provides link). However, afterclicking on this link, the theme of CRM Web Client looks completely different. To get the same theme, users have to go back to Solution Manager and input transaction SM_CRM.

Is there a reason why the theme looks different when clicking on this link after you’ve been timed out?  I have provided screenshots below:

Theme before timeout:

Theme after timeout (when you click on the re-login link):

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

1- For the timeout issue check the parameter  "icm/server_port_1" and add the "TIMEOUT" option like:

icm/server_port_X = PROT=HTTP,PORT=XXXXX,HOST=XXX.DOMAIN.corp, TIMEOUT=120, PROCTIMEOUT=260

Regards.

Fernando.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Fernando.

Sorry but where do I check this parameter? Is this in a transaction or somewhere else?

Thanks
Shaun

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

You can check the current value of this parameter un txcode RZ11, if you wanth change the value of this parameter in txcode RZ10 in the instance profile change it or add the parameter if this is not set.

Check the follow link:

icm/server_port_<xx> - ICM Administration - SAP Library

Regards.

Fernando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

in Tcode RZ11 there is no such parameter maintained. Im facing the same problem as Shaun.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

regarding themes, crm_ui follows this skin concept for ui themes, which also dependent on IE version.

refer this also post in crm forum for further guidance,

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Thanks. I am aware of the crm_ui and the skins concept. My issue was the skin changes after a timeout. Please see first email and comparison of screenshots. This ONLY happens if I am inactive and timeout occurs in CRM Web Client UI. I then get a dialog box saying I can relog in by clicking on a URL. I click on a link and I log back in which is fine but the theme/skin has changed.

If I login via transaction SM_CRM everything is fine.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that issue resolved Shaun??