cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what all ways travel request can be sent to superior for approval and how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Greetings for the day!

Could anyone let me know configuration settings about sending travel request to superior for approval.

During research on same learned that i need to have SAP Communication interface set up which i got done, However i am having hard time to know on which screen it gives option to send travel request to superior for approval, If there is anything more there that needs to be done on configuration front please suggest.

Best Regards

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you give us more infos ?

Which application are you using ? Are you in a SAPGUI scenario or a Web Dynpro one ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for your reply, I am new to this travel management module and moderately aware of process flow, Let me give you as much as information as i can to help you understand better.

First thing first, It is SAPGUI scenario, We have reached configuration settings level where we can create travel request and have integration with travel expense manger, below image talks about sending email to superior for approval, However as instructed in below image once i select travel request from overview area and choose change option, it does not give me mail send option(3rd point on procedure) or rather what should i do to get that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, in my system we did hide the "send" button but I believe it is done by sending the pdf form via the following steps :

1/ in transaction trip click on "List of All Trips"

2/ select your trip and click on "change"

3/ You can either use 'F5' key or access the form via menu "Edit" => "Send E-mail/fax" then send it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Your response on this is helping me to reach to my goal, Appreciate it!

However, when i carry out process as instructed by you, I get error at the bottom of SAP screen as "Error at start of form processing". Please suggest how can i fix this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction SM30, enter table TA20SWITCH .

Create a new entry with HTMLFORM_R_P     X

(otherwise you must configure ADS for adobe forms..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks! Got rid of that error following your instructions. Now i can see overview of trip in HTML format and also see option to send email on the top left, Once clicked on it takes me to page(see below), entered email and chose sent tab but i cannot see it in my inbox. Has it got anything to do with workflow, roles ? and if YES, Could you let me know how can i go about setting that up.

I am looking forward to have this trip sent out to manager via email and depending on the response of manager(approval/rejection/hold) i or travelerer should get notification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you see the mail in transaction SOST ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Yes, I can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what is the status of the mail ? sent? waiting? error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

It says "Waiting". What do i do next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the line and click on the "Start send process for selection" button like this :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Below is the result i got but at the bottom on screen it says 1 message sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the sending failed. it depends on how works your SAP Communication interface (SCOT customizing).

Try to send it with Remote Mail Adress instead of Internet adress. If it still doesnt work, contact your administration (BC) team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Nope, Didnt work with remote mail address, Will contact administration (BC) team.

But nothing to be done on workflow front, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No the mail is ready and generated but cant be sent so I think something is wrong in SAP communication (transaction SCOT).

You can have a preview of the mail to be sent by selecting the line and click on "display" button.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

You need to configure the workflow management into the system and which can be achieved using the knowledge of ABAP consultant.

in the workflow management it will have the hierarchy structure of the organization and will specify the who the travel request need to sent superior and later for Payments and Audit ( if any additional thing check point as required by organization can be included).