cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems registering craxdrt.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to get an application that makes use of Crystal Reports to build but have run into problems due to dlls not being registered on my build machine. The error message I get is:

"The type or namespace name 'CRAXDRT' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

This is due to a reference we have to craxdrt.dll (which is not registered on the build machine) in our application. The problem is that when I try to register the craxdrt.dll file with regsvr32 I get the following error:

"The module "craxdrt.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found."

I've had a look at craxdrt.dll with dependency walker, which lists the following dlls as missing:

API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL

API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL

CSLIBU-2-1.DLL

DCOMP.DLL

GPSVC.DLL

IESHIMS.DLL

MFC71U.DLL

I'm not sure if these are a red herring though as they appear to be Windows system DLLs for the most part, which I would not expect to have to redistribute with my application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as its starting to feel like banging my head against a brick wall trying to get this to work and getting nowhere.

Thanks a lot for any help you are able to give!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Moved your post to the Legacy SDK forum.

Need more info, what version of CR are you using?

And since the RDC is only supported in Visual Studio 6 I assume this is what you are using?

Current version of the RDC packages up to CR XI R2 ( version 11.5 ) have redist packages available so don't try to deploy the runtime manually yourself, use the MSM or MSI.

MSI should have all of the dependencies include, MSM will be missing ALL of the dependencies so you need to include them yourself.

Don

Answers (0)