Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP opportunity for IT/BPO services as well as airline domain

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need suggestions related to my career path that i am building. I am a consultant having around 4.5 +years of experience in sap consulting. I do for Mm/QM. I have support/implementation experience in manufacturing , process industry who were my clients during my professional tenure. Now i have decided to join a company (actually joined) which is into IT/BPO services ( they manage the activities through SAP( procurement being my part))and also has done sap implementation for airline domain. They do not do any other sap practice other than travel and airline. Now if i tell you , i have joined the company so that i can see how SAP is customized to  match the requirement of IT/BPO services. This is a new domain for me and i think i have lot to learn from it. However i also see that i have the chance of being dynamic (vertical wise) as i have knowledge in manufacturing, process, it services/ airline. So i am thinking of staying and learning the same. But 3-6 years down the line i might again change my job with/into consulting firms/ solution providers. In that case will it be a right decision to stay with this organization and work profile or leave and  move to the previous vertical in which i was (consulting firms/ solution providers)

Regards,

SS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

as told by Vev Patra, if you thinks you are gaining knowledge about new things, please stay there because you will get a lot of things to be learn, when it comes to switch towards other side, it will not be a major issues for you, because after some years you will get domain knowledge in various module and your expertise also increased upto a level, and that will be sufficient for a vertical growth.

But if you are thinking that, there is nothing more to learn, then you can move towards your previous role, as not gaining any new thing, means you are not learning new concepts, and in this way you get struck at one point, which in needless.

So, it totally on your business aspects, if you thinks your previous role was good, then you can move onto it, but if you are enjoying the present role, please keep it with you, because it will also play a vital role in your vertical career growth in some manner.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its depend on your current position.

If you think you can learn new thing from this job, then stay with this job.

When you think, there are nothing new to learn from this job, then you can change the job..

The important part is to learn new thing.  To play with new challenge...

Regards

Dev

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

as told by Vev Patra, if you thinks you are gaining knowledge about new things, please stay there because you will get a lot of things to be learn, when it comes to switch towards other side, it will not be a major issues for you, because after some years you will get domain knowledge in various module and your expertise also increased upto a level, and that will be sufficient for a vertical growth.

But if you are thinking that, there is nothing more to learn, then you can move towards your previous role, as not gaining any new thing, means you are not learning new concepts, and in this way you get struck at one point, which in needless.

So, it totally on your business aspects, if you thinks your previous role was good, then you can move onto it, but if you are enjoying the present role, please keep it with you, because it will also play a vital role in your vertical career growth in some manner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did you decide? I am in a similar decision point as well.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I went with the obvious decision to join a consulting service; but after learning the same.