cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts determination error is coming while create billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Accounts determination error is coming while create billing for Account Assignment Group A4 . In some cases only this error is appearing . I m a ABAPer I got this case and I  m debugging the code  . Can anyone  suggest me what all the things i need to check to know the root cause . This error is coming very  rarely but I want to find the reasons.  I saw some of scn post bt it was not clear .

Please suggest briefly what w'd be the probable cause of this error and how to correct it.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally for standard items --system will use KOFI (Revenue account determination Condition type).

In your case system finding KOFK(means this condition type will be determined based on the Requirement 2( Means this item has been maintained with controlling account assignment category in your sales order schedule lines--may be an IPO item/Third party item--see the screen shot)

But your screen shot shows only KOFI...

So check the relevant parameters like (Application V+Condition type KOFK +Chart of accounts+Customer account assignment category+material account assignment category+accounting key--Proper GL need to be assigned)

revert back if any.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmkrit,

In one of your earlier posts, you have mentioned that you have assigned G/L accounts by selecting table 1. This is probably where you might be going wrong.

Please follow the below steps to cross check your entries and you should hopefully have a solution.

(1) First of all, start from the account determination procedure and check which procedure is assigned to the billing type.

(2) Check the account determination type that is maintained in the procedure.

(3) Check which access sequence assigned in that condition type

(4) Check which table/tables have been maintained in the access sequence

* In most probability, you would have maintained a different table in the access sequence while you are trying to assign your G/L accounts to some other table

* Also, since you say that this error is only for a particular account determination type, check if you have maintained the correct combination of application/chart of account/Customer account assignment group/material account assignment group/G/L account in the correct table. However, this combination of fields depends on the table that you have used in the condition technique.

I suggest that you write your entries down while checking the flow. This will give you a clear picture if a connection is missing somewhere in the condition technique.

The customer/material account assignment groups are just keys (two digit codes) and their determination has nothing to do with Z1/Z2/A1 or any other code that you have defined in the system. The main determination is purely based on the condition technique and how correctly you have maintained the connections between the tables, access sequences, types and procedures. Just recheck these entries and you should be able to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Sumita Mittra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bhagat

As the discussion on account assignment

u have to maintain the account assignment as to maintain in the following way

V     KOFI   CAHU     0001     02     A4      ERL   93110

V     KOFK  CAHU     0001     02     A4     ERU   93111

make sure that A/C group for Customer and A/C group for material has to assign for the customer ur creating sales order and the material which u enter in the sales order

try this , again if u get error, please paste the screen shot of A/C assignment analysis of VFO2

Regards

Yuvaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvaraj,

Account assignment is already maintained you can see my ealier post . I m getting this issue rarely while user do billing.

AAG is already maintaineed for Customer & material master .

My question is :

1. Why system is picking AAG  blank value for this billing document ??

2. Does it is necessary for all items G/L account should be assigned.

Becoz there are 25 items in order is for item 8, in accnt determination analysis it is showing

'No G//L account found in accnt det. type kofk'  although G/L is maintained in VKOA .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bhagat

Usually AAG will be empty only when u are not mentioned in the corresponding master data,

but your case your are saying everything is maintained. hence

as u given the screen shot of AAG , u r not assigned A4 AAG with give combination, please check that revert back.

Regards

Yuvaraj.

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible that at the time of creation of invoice the AAG was missing from the material master for that item?

and then someone maintained it later on once the invoice was created?

If so, the AAG would not have flown into the invoice and the error. Try creating a new invoice and see if it picks up the AAG and subsequently posts into accounting.

Thanks,
Ravin

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please run VF02, and run Account determination analysis ?
It should give useful information about the error.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmkrit,

As suggested by gurus, you can see in VF02, in account determination analysis>revenue account.

If it shows for a particular condition type, GL a/c is not determined it means probably incorrect account assignment group in either Cust master or Material master (generally it happens with Cust Mast. in most of the cases).

as per your saying, this issue is related to A4 acct asmnt Grp. Most probably, with A4 acct asmnt grp there is no combination in VKOA to determine GL a/c. A4 could be incorrect acct asmnt grp assigned to cust masrt of material mastr.

please check.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Predominently, this error will come if an Account Assignment Group of either customer or material is missing.  So first go to VF02, input that billing document and execute.  There again you can see an icon straight to Billing date.  Click that so that system will take you to header data where you can see Account Assign Group of Customer.  If this is blank, then system will pop up that error.  Similarly, for material, you need to check, if need be.  Other reason could be G/L Account not assigned to an Account Key which you can see in VKOA.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand/Laxmi,

In VF02 I have checked Account Assignment Group is available for material as well as customer. And G/L account is also assigned .

Generally this error is coming for Account assignment group value 'A4'.

Can you suggest How to and where to check master maintained for this 'A4'. Anything is misssing in master or not ?

Or what are all things I need to check for this account assignment group so that this error can be removed.

Any SPRO settings need to be checked for this account assignment group ?

How to check if account group would have maintained wrongly in master ?.

Pls suggest .

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you suggest How to and where to check master maintained for this 'A4'. Anything is misssing in master or not ?

In MM02 under sales :sales org2, see below.

similary for customer master in Xd02->under sales area data tab->billing documents -> you can see acct assgmt group here you check.

if you maintain the correct account groups (which are having GL accoutns assingned)in the above both master system will not thprough any error in future.

And for current document you can goto VF02-goto->header-acct Assg GR and also at item level with the sames path if you correct the correct AAG then the current error can be overcome.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thanks for the reply.

I check the customer and material account assignmnment is maintained correctly.

Now Can you tell me How to Check G/L account is properly assigned with material & customer account master.

In VKOA I have checked it is like this. I doble clicked on table 1 Cust.Grp/MaterialGrp/AcctKey

Than  in some records G/L account field was blank as shown below . Does this may the cause for error.

or same value need not be be maintained. As i have mentioned earlier I m ABAPer ,

So please explain Does things are ok or any others  paramter need to be checked.

Regards,

Dharmkrit.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhagat,

Please paste screen shot of the account determination analysis so that everything will be mentioned there?

And seems to be you are talking about the AAG is A4 please check for this account assignment group whether GL is assigned or not in VKOA?

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply . Again one case I got.

There are 25 items in the order . in screen shot all items overview will not come ie y not pasting.

Each items has two condition type . Now in item 8 overview is like this .

ZLFT121No G/L account found in Account determination type KOFK

although G/L is maintained in VKOA . Than why analysis showing No G/L account found in Account determination type KOFK ?

Does it is necessary for all items G/L account should be assigned.

I have seen in mm03 for this item 8 account assignment is maintained as well as inn XD03.

And I have seen in VF02 for  item 8 account assignment group is blank.

Why system is picking AAG  blank value ??

Pls suggest

Regards,

Dharmkrit.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Welcome to Functional Team.

If you're facing account determination error while creating the billing document, it might be due to several reasons. So first select the line item in change billing document and go to Environment and select the Account Determination Analysis and then revenue Accounts.

Now you will go to new page and it shows about the analysis of all the condition types which you have maintained.

Please do double-click on all the condition types and update the screen shot or you can check with your SD Consultant.

If everything fine in the revenue accounts, then revert back.

Anandkumar KS