cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Type 336 in Asset Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are having an issue that TT336 is not getting updated with values for Depreciation Area-25,30 & 75 and its working fine for areas 01 & 20.  As you all aware that TT 336 values updated when AUC settled to Fixed Asset.

Please share your ideas that where I need to check.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

Possible reason is that in your AUC asset, you just have Areas 01 and 20.. You dont have other dep areas

If yes, then solution approach would be

a. For Future cases - Ensure that AUC Asset class has all these dep areas allowed

b. For the present case, either you reverse all postings, create a fresh AUC asset after allowing
dep areas OR

Create a new Trans type (Copy of 100) and restrict it to Dep Areas 25, 35 and 75.. Post the values in tehse dep areas from ABSO

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay for prompt reply.

We believe that due to "Area does not post" settings the values are not getting reflected.

Thanks.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Jyothi, thats not correct

Dep area getting values and Dep Area posting to GL are two separate aspects

Please check if your AUC has all these dep areas in it...

I am 100% sure that "Area does not post" is not the reason

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay & Murali

yes, as you said that AUC does not have depreciation areas 25 & 30, hence these areas are not getting updated with TT336 in fixed asset.  TT336 is linked with TT339.

Thank you somuch for your support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jose_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

If even other postings are not happening, then please check whether the depreciation areas 25, 30 and 75 are allowed for posting in GL or not in "DEFINE DEPRECIATION AREAS" settings

Regards...

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jose.

I have checked the same and found that for areas 25,30 & 75 configured GL as "0"(Area does not post). as per my understanding these areas should not receive any values once we configured as area does not post but in our issue values getting from TT100.

Thanks. 

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

The " area does not post" does not mean it will not receive values.. it must receive values

Check my above reply

Br. Ajay M

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check depreciation areas for both classes in OAYZ transaction. Might be dep.areas inconsistency between AUC and final asset. Area doesn't post setting doesn't impact.