Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which module to choose ? Where to start in SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Community

I am totally new to SAP arena , SAP is appearing to be lime light for my career now ,i wish to jump in to the SAP ocean and see my limits. About my natural skills i am highly energetic ,innovative,design thinking inhabitant  and i love problem solving.I have done few independent

innovations .About my education back ground and work experience; I have done engineering in electronics and communication background and i have

totally 4.5 years of work experience. [IT- INDUSTRY]

6 months -Sales domain as trainee - IT Products

2 years - System Design Integrator - Telecom domain [Hands on experience on CRM/ Business Object xi/ Oss suits as End User]

2 years -  Project Manager - Service Delivery [ Data products]

I wish to switch to SAP ;

Please suggest me which SAP module best suit my profile so that my experience is truly taken in to account.

Please note i lack coding knowledge.

How suggested SAP module will boost my career.

How is the SAP market today ? How will be the future at least next 5 years.

My areas of interest are FMCG companies.Manufacturing sectors.

please add your valuable comments

Regards

Krishna

2 REPLIES 2

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

nice to heard that you have planned to switch towards SAP world, for your kind information sap market is growing day by day, and if you are looking for a long term career option then i think sap has no limitation at all because of its vast module wise approach.

Basically there are two types of SAP modules, one is technical and other is functional module, in technical side like sap abap you will need core coding concept, and also there is sap basis which is meant for technical module in terms of administration, who provides roles and responsibilities to sap users, main task is maintaining these stuffs.

But on the other hand there are many functional modules, which you can find on google by simple searching which requires core domain knowledge of that field in depth.

For example , there are some module like SAP FI/CO, SD, MM, CRM, etc.

In FI/CO you will need financial domain knowledge, in MM you will need domain knowledge of Material Procurements, SD is related to Sales of Goods and its related stuffs.

So i will suggest you to search on google for main modules of sap having more exposure in terms of getting good job, because ultimately it is the job which counts, and after that read about all these modules yourself ,about the process involve in it, then you can able to judge yourself better than any other people, because i think you know yourself better than any body else.

Feel free to ask any question, i will revert it to you when i will get time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I agree with Sanjeev, you need to start doing some homework. I recommend picking up a good book that covers the overall basics of SAP which can help you decide which module attracts you the most. Please also see FAQ: What is the best SAP module for me?.

You can also start getting educated by searching for overview videos on youtube. If you find any particularly helpful for you as a beginner, please report them back here so we can start gathering a list and include in the FAQ above.

Best regards,

--Tom