cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of 02 inspection only for movement type 201

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any possibility to generate/restrict goods issue inspection lot only for Movement type 201 i.e. Goods issue to cost center?

My requirement regarding Concrete Blocks inspection. Actually the process is once after completion of production of blocks in No's (UOM).Some Quantity like 10 No's will  send for testing to Quality Lab (Internal Lab). This quantity will be issued to cost center (201), since it will be Sample usage for inspection and it needs to be consumed from the Stock.

So, we have planned to give goods issue inspection and activated 02 inspection type in Material master,whenever it is issued by 201 movement type inspection lot getting generated and it is working as per requirement. But the problem with other movement types related to Transfer postings and Goods issues (301, 601, 351 etc) for this Movement types inspection lot are getting generated.

I have found solution that if we deactivate quality in Configuration for remaining movement types as per requirement it will work. But deactivating quality is not correct as per my knowledge for all the Movement types related to issues.

Please advice if any other solution is their to fulfill the above requirement.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

02 inspection type lots are stock irrelevant and do not have any stock posting facility. When ever issue is done inspection lot is created and further process follows. Instead of 02 try to use 89 which is also stock irrelevant, do not have any stock posting facility and lot can be created manually. Just check

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

If you don’t want to generate any inspection lot from movement type 201, then go to T code OMJJ, check “movement type” & enter & put movement type 201, in this movement type go to “Deactivate QM inspection / delivery category” check all the box in the column “ QM not active”. & save. With this setting whenever 201 will call, no inspection will generate.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello kumar,

1. 201 mvt is not used for Sample consumption but 331 and/or 333 can be.
2. I would like to know, Why do you create inspection lot only for sample quantity and not for actually confirmed quantity?

3. Simple process would be,

a. Apply inspection type 04, inspection lot will be created after production order confirmation say of 400 no.
b. At the time of stock posting, post 10 quantity to Sample usage, mvt used will be 331. Before that, Cost center has to be maintained in Qcc0> "plant dependent QM settings".

Obviously you have to move remaining 390 Qty to Unrestricted and I guess, this is what you do not wish to do.

Let us know your views on this.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thank you for the reply.

What you said is perfectly correct and the same i have adviced to my client but they are not willing to do 04- Finished inspection since the production is continuous/Vast and they don't want it as a Quality stock relevant.

If inspection is required then will send some Qty. (No) to lab for testing and book cost for these blocks because these block will be destroyed while testing.

Since they will do Goods issue to cost center with 201 movement type, i thought to activate 02-goods issue inpection.

Regards,

Kumar

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for putting your views, it seems a valid requirement.

First of all Do not use 201 movement, Use 331 (For Random Sampling) or 333 (From Unrestricted) instead.

I thought of using 89 inspection type but;

It really raises a Question for me, How to consume material Sample for Stock Irrelevant inspection lots?

There might be a standard solution which I am not aware of.

for random sampling I always used MB1A with movement type 333, creation of inspection lot was never a requirement.

You can use 02, 08 inspection types but it will always have constraints as you are facing now.

Removing "QM Not Active" flag from 301, 601, 351 is definitely not recommended.

Amol.

Message was edited by: Amol Manave

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went through the whole discussion and IMHO, Amol's response is most accurate.

You cannot do the consumption for an stock irrelevant inspection lot therefore even if you deactivate inspection for certain mvt types, that won't solve your issue.

Go with mvt 331 as he has suggested. That's best which could fit into your process.

ntn