SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-U, Automatic Productionplanning tools?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Introduction

I'm Rob and In 2010 I started my education called ICT & Business at the Fontys Hogeschool (Eindhoven, Netherlands). This will be my final year and hopefully I will graduate this summer. I'm new to the SAP community Network.

Working Area

I'm working with SAP IS-U (Demo environment) at this moment and I could use some help. I'm working on an assignment to get a production planning into SAP. (Portions, estimates, billing, invoicing, etc.) I want IS-U to use this planning to estimate meter readings and bill and invoice etc. them according to this production planning. The advantage of this will be that all the transactions will be done automatically and not manual.

Question:

My question are,

1. Are there any tools/programs on the market which can load an production planning (by Excel file) into IS-U?

2. Are there any tools/programs on the market which can link this production planning to the master data?

Hopefully somebody can help me to find some answers

Thanks,

Rob

12 REPLIES 12

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meter reading estimation is part of the SAP IS-U standard solution (see )

Is there a reason/necessity to go outside of SAP for this?

0 Kudos

Thank your for your comment, sorry there is no reason to go outside SAP, but is there an option to create a production planning in IS-U according to an Excel file which contains all the planning details? (Maybe upload this file into SAP)

According to this production planning, the idea was that IS-U can estimate the meter readings.

0 Kudos

I don't know if that is an option to use PP; we use transaction EL30 to estimate - see SAP-ISU Excellence: Estimate Meter Reading Results-EL30 as an example.

Perhaps other SCN members will offer more ideas?

0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, perhaps other SCN members can tell me if PP by Excel is an option in IS-U?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does someone know, if there are any third party tools which can schedule processes in SAP, like schedule portions, estimate meter readings, billing/invoicing etc?

0 Kudos

You might want to have a look at tools such as UC4 and Control-M.

Probably there are more but these are the ones used in projects I worked on.

0 Kudos

Thank you Erik, I will have a look at UC4 and Control-M. Thanks for the comment!

0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Do you have any idea what the global total costs are when implementing Control-M into an organization? And do you also know what time it needs to implement Control-M?

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos

Sorry Rob, no idea on the costs nor time involved.

See BMC Control-M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and maybe get in touch with BMC or a partner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

You can have a look at Visual TOM . It is an external job scheduler.

0 Kudos

Hi Madhurima,

Thank you for your reaction, I will check Visual TOM too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other possibilities are:

- Skybot Jobscheduler

- Winshutte Transaction