cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OADP issue in Competency Matchup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing ESS & MSS without chief position (012 relation to Org.unit).

We have achieved required outputs for services like Team, Time Recording, Team calendar, Attendance Overview, etc.

But for Competency Matchup we are facing an, below is the explanation:

I have maintained Competency Matchup Object Selection & Object Selection Rules as below:

The issue exist at first rule (Obj. Sel. Rule = MSS_QTT_RULE1) where  Root Objects are identified.

By standard the Evaluation Path is SAP_MANG.

In our case we don't maintain A-012 relationship at all. Hence SAP_MANG is not able to produce any output. If we maintain the A-012 it works perfectly as per our requirement.

I have tried several Custom & Standard evaluation paths, but couldn't get any result.

Please suggest an alternative where I need not to maintain A-012 relationship.

Regards,

Srikanth Naidu

Message was edited by: Srikanth Naidu Akula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is the Solution:

According to Mr. Mohsin Syed  document / logic () all the services of mine are working according to Position to Position reporting (A002 relationship).

But for Birthdays and Anniversaries & Competency Matchup applications are some way different.

Because other applications are getting PERNR as output @ Root Object Level, where as standard Competency Matchup & Birthdays and Anniversaries applications are getting Org.Unit as output where Chief position is maintained.

If we don't maintain A012 relationship these are not working in general.

So our ABAPer Debugged the program and identified that "If A012 is not maintained, else is resulting User, so we have changed the evaluation path from SAP_MANG to US-CP-P. Now we are able to get the PERNR as final output to our Z functional module in Navigation Object Selection.

Linkin Pereira,

Siddharth Rajora,

Mohsin Syed,

Thank you for your wonderful inputs. Closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

I'm glad u made it & thanks for sharing the answer.

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikanth...

You forgot to Close the thread..

Regards,

Mohsin.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linkin & SID,

Thank you for your valuable inputs, I will try your suggestions.

I have tried several standard & custom evaluation paths. but no evaluation path in root object identification gave me outputs to Target object Functional module.

I have tried Mr. Mohsin document it worked for other applications excluding Competency Matchup...

I think I need to look into Christopher process. I will get back to you with the outcomes soon.

Once again thank you.

Regards,

Srikanth Naidu.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you checked this http://scn.sap.com/thread/3334520 We talk of FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

What is the reporting structure you have for Competency Matchup and as I see you have configured MSS_QTT_RULE1 with SAP_MANG which is wrong if you are not maintaining A012 relationship.

Let me know for what relationship you want to get the Competency Matchup.

Regards,

Mohsin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohsin,

My requirement: All the reporting employees based on B002 relationship to Manager position need to be displayed in all Services of MSS without chief position (A012) maintained.

Replacing SAP_MANG evaluation path with US-CP-P and a few changes in our Z FM made it possible.

By the way thank you for your document and appreciate if you could post different scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth:

You may have already gone through this but just to reconfirm; SAP_MANG is basically to find all the Org Units the current user is chief of.

So its evident that SAP_MANG is looking at A012 relationship.

Now if your business process does not rely on A012, then find out which other relationship is used by your client to identify the manager of an employee. It could be reports to( A002 ) relationship between S(Employees Position) to S(Managers Position) ( S - A002 - S ). If that is the case you might need to build a custom eval path so that you get S - A002 - S and then S - A003 - O to get all org units the Positions belong to.

--

Linkin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth for sharing these links, I was actually planning to write a blog on this topic of OADP config and MSS without chief positions and you crushed my dream . I think this is the exact answer to this question.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can make a specific one for this case, as it doesn't cover that particular rule 🙂 This blog is done by other colleague.