cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Orgchart 4.0 SP1 add photos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I am new to Nakisa and it is my task to add photos for Orgchart in Nakisa.

We want to add employee photo's into the org chart in Nakisa but currently
do not have photo's in SAP R/3 the physical file will be stored on SAP Livelink
server. I know that the file name must be the same as the personnel number, how
do I link the files to be displayed in Nakisa?

Jaco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jaco.

I've only ever configured portrait images for inclusion from SAP directly or from a portraits folder in the OrgChart images directory with the PERNR as the file name.  So what follows is more how I would approach the problem rather than a guaranteed solution.

The admin guide says "Enter the Portraits Path to the folder that stores the image files. Employee portraits are stored as separate files in a folder under the main application directory. [application directory]/images/Portraits is the default folder path.", but I think I would first put the base URL to the images location on the SAP Livelink server into the folder path.  Then switch OrgChart into Basic mode and review the result.  In basic mode the output is HTML (no flash), so you can review the IMG tag SRC attribute.

I'm assuming in the above that the SAP Livelink server will host the requisite images in a single browsable folder.  i.e. every portrait image will be accessible via a url like http://livelink/somefolder/{pernr}.jpg where {pernr} changes for each employee but the rest of the URL remains constant.  If this isn't the case then it would certainly be more complex; possibly to the point of not being worth the effort?

If it didn't work straight off (I expect it might not - I think it might prefix a "/"), I would then review the XSL for the views and details panels using the portrait images.  I've a feeling a tweak to any templates (e.g. getImagePath) that generate the image path could allow the URL to be applied correctly.

I can appreciate that for someone new to Nakisa that making changes to the XSL might sound less than ideal ... generally it is best to try and stick to using the AdminConsole as you'll need to understand what files do what and the use of the .delta folder structures as a minimum.

So if that is a bit too far outside of your comfort zone (and you don't want to bring in someone from Nakisa or a Nakisa Partner to help with it) then I would suggest setting up a batch job to periodically copy any new portrait images from where they are stored on the SAP Livelink server to the portraits directory on the OrgChart server and then simply configure the portraits path as per the directions in the admin guide.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for your pointers. We would need to make changes in our XLS config, so we are getting an outside consulting house in to help us.

Answers (0)