cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll CA: Reverse posting done for a terminated EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, we have a terminated EE for whom we want to reverse posting for periods ( say ) 01 & 02 in 2014. For both these periods live posting had been done and he was terminated later. Now due to some some discrepancy, we want to reverse the postings. Is that possible ? If so, can you please let me know the process?

Regards

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a general rule, it is better to correct the Master Data that generated the initial postings so that these could be reversed automatically by the system. 

Note that if it onvolves reversing a payment made, this will generate a Claim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Remi and Venki..however leaving aside the posting reversal if we do a payroll reversal using the offcycle workbench ( PUOC_07)..will that we enough for reporting purpose?..Also i am not sure about the difference between doing reversal via workbench and the posting reversal using PCP0?..Are these two mutually exclusive?

Regards

JP

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

After doing reversal for payment using PUOC_07 you also need to run posting reversal using transaction PUOCBA by using reversal option using suitable SAP delivered or if client specific then that process model.

Make sure your process model is active and events for same are also active.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your reply. However i am apprehensive since i can't do posting reversal for a single EE as requiured. Once the posting document gets reversed, we need to rerun payroll and post again for the other EEs. Is that not cumbersome?

Regards

JP

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Usually PUOC_07 is used for manual processing for reversals.

PUOC_07 is used for single employee reversals not mass reversals of payment.

PUOCBA is used to complete posting reversal for employee being reversed for payment and it can be used for multiple employee being reversed for payment under PUOC_07.

The reason why this is used is because postings are usually done once payroll control record is exited and it makes no sense to reverse entire population for few terminated employees rather you can lock terminated employees if you do not want to post them or rather pay them in same cycle run.

If you want to pay terminated employees may be you need to run off cycle then as if you have reversed their payment and they cannot be paid again in regualr payment cycle.

I understand running reversal for entire population for GL posting will help but if you can reverse payments using PUOC_07 then PUOCBA is right process as it will void posting for that employees only from same posting run and you can then post these employees after you correct and want to apy them however.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

if posting entries are incorrect, then there was incorrect payment/processing in payroll. You must make corrections to the root of the problem, such as master data, or configuration corrections to properly process retroactively, what was wrong. Then, posting will correct itself when you will post the period that re-calculated what was wrong.

Alternatively, if there is no solution to the issue that happened, you may want to coordinate between payroll and finance to make some manual corrections. Although... still payroll results require corrections via some adjustments or such

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet and Nicoleta! Moving forward is there any option such that the particular terminated EE can be blocked from the standard year end report RPCYERK0 for2014? I mean in the other way if we run the report for the particular EE in 2014 i want to get void result.

The EE has been terminated in 2014 March and till that time normal payroll has run.

Your expert comments are welcome.

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

The only way to have an employee to be excluded from Year end is to do adjustment in the year end workbench with wage type that will reverse the amount from the TCRT. We like to create offset wage types (9 series for example) that will cumulate in the TCRT only and configure in the proper box of the slip.

If you want to create a dummy buss number, you will need a proper grouping (Area, subarea....) to be able to assign it and retro back.

Hope this help,

Regards

Frederick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Yes. Postings can be reversed. But before that, I guess its better to take approval from Finance Department.

Postings can be reversed in PCP0. Please see below thread.

Experts, please correct me if am wrong...