cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly crdb_adoplus.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!..

I am having a really annoying problem, in my code when I try to set de data source to the report the following error appears:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am running .NET Framework 4 running in VS2012 to X86 and I have installed the CRforVS_13_0_8, although just in case I installed all the version from the CRforVS_13_0_5 to the CRforVS_13_0_8.

Also I have found in many sites that adding the following lines to the app.config seems to fix the problem, but in my case doesn't work:

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>

</startup>

Part of my code is this, just in case:

using (ReportDocument report = new ReportDocument())

{

try

{

// carga el reporte desde su ubicación configurada

report.Load(pathReporte);

report.SetDataSource(data);

and the dlls I have referenced are this ones:

• CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
  • CrystalDecisions.ReportSource
  • CrystalDecisions.Shared

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to .NET forums.

You don't need to install all of the Service Packs, they are full and simply uninstall the previous before installing the current one.

You are setting the report data source to (data) but what is it? I assume a Dataset but it could be a XML data source.

Need more info, try searching this forum, lots of posts on setting data sources.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Williams,

Yeah I have done that, installing only the latest one, but the problem persist.

Also the data that I am putting into the DataSource it is a DataSet with tables that have the same names as the ADO.Net DataSet that I configured for the report.

Any other advice that could help me?

Thanks very much

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier

Two things to do:

1) Read this blog re. troubleshooting issues with CR and datasets (the error is different, but try anyhow)

2) Use Process Monitor and see what is happening when your process is attempting to load the crdb_adoplus.dll

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javier,

I had a similar issue. What I found is that the dotnet1 folder does not exist under the win32_x86 folder.  I'm not sure why the Crystal Reports DLL files try to find it there, because it's actually found in the win32_x86 folder itself.  The quickest solution is to create a dotnet1 folder, and copy the crdb_adoplus.dll file into that folder.

The solutions that talk about updating the app.config file are for an issue that comes after copying the file, which is an error that says the DLL was built with .Net version 2, not version 4.  The app.config lines tell .Net 4.0 to load the crdb_adoplus.dll in legacy mode.

-Kevin