cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India Tax Depreciation - WDV Method

matthew_glasgow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any experience with configuration of SAP India Tax Depreciation WDV method?

I havent been able to find any good documentation on how it should be properly configured in SAP.

We are on EHP4.  I know there is a business function FIN_LOC_CI_8 that addresses WDV but its within EHP5.

Please advise if you can.

-Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Please check following link http://www.docshut.com/miwriz/india-it-depreciation-calculation.html

i hope it might help you...

Regards

Diwa

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

1. The earlier solution in EhP4 used to work using Dep Area 15 and Group Assets Feature

2. Your CoD needs to have Dep Area 01 and Dep Area 15

3. In Dep Area 15, make the Group Asset field Mandatory in the screen layout

4. Earmark an asset class for Group Assets

5. Create Grp Asset from AS21, before you make asset from AS01.. Link the Grp asset with Main asset

6. The Dep Key for Income Tax should use

a. Base value 27 in Multi Level Method...

b. The period controls provided by SAP IT and NL are not defined well in the standard system.. You need to define them in a way that Acquisitions made between Apr-Sep account for Full yr dep and those made from Oct-Mar account for 180 days Dep

Your period controls (OAYH) should be like this

Jan - 6

Feb - 6

Mar - 6

Apr - Blank

.....   ...

Sep - Blank

Oct - 6

Nov - 6

Dec - 6

With these settings, it should fly..

7. During asset migration, Grp asset will receive values from AS81 / 82

Br, Ajay M

PS: I honeslty suggest you to upgrade on EhP5 and use the new solution.. The one in EhP4 has some limitations

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

My own post on tax depreciation was rejected by moderators yesterday, hence I am writing to you in this old loop. For EHP7 will the process for configuring the tax depreciation change ? Or do I go through the same process as you have advised above ? This seems to be good, I have already configured the company asset class and its depreciation area. I need to now do the configs for tax depreciation.

best regds

Subha