cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install Sybase central on linux?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Sybase ASE 15.7 on CentOS 6.3 with command line with terminal. Where to find out sybase central? Need to install it separately?

Have checked folder, there is no folder like $Sybase/Shared/Sybase Central 6.0.0/...

If need to install separately, where to download the package?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Sybase there is:

Sybase Central ASE Plug-in has been removed from ASE and PC-Client
  installers as of ASE 15.7 ESD#2. You will need to download these
  separately from sybase.com.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Sybase control center can be downloaded  from Sybase site

by going to the http://www.sybase.com/downloads site, then clicking Maintenance Releases and Bug Fixes (EBFs).

Also refer below information on discontinuation of Sybase control center

1991153 - Sybase Central Unavailable on ASE 15.7 SP101 how to add it back

SyBooks Online

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Kent,

An SAP KBA that will give you more details is:

1991153 - Sybase Central Unavailable on ASE 15.7 SP101 how to add it
back

Even if it was made for Windows platform, it should offer you enough details to solve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Ionut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately from (as I think) newer versions then 15.7 ESD #4.2 there is no Sybase Central.

From now on SC is not supported. Now you have to use Sybase Control Center (web based). I m not big fan of SCC (of management functionality)

I solve this problem by installing on seperate machine (or seperate linix folder) older pach of ASE (that include SC) and use this with the latest version of ASE 15.7.

I did not find any issues with such configuration

You can still download old patch from sybase.com

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tomasz -

I would have agreed with you in the past - but having spent some time with SAP Control Center 3.3 recently with the 16.0 release, I am much more impressed with the management features.   The basics such as adding logins, named caches, reverse engineering, etc. are all there.   It is a different navigation paradigm than SybaseCentral.....so it takes a bit of getting used to from that regard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

You are right, the most difficult is to change own habits.

I am used to SC and I use this only if I need something fast and I do not remember text command.

But I also know that SCC is proper direction for managment and monitoring.

I am sure if I start use the latest version (for now I have only seen monitoring part) I will like it.