cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompts in Analysis for Excel on HANA via BICS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a limitation of our setup? The documentation on Analysis for Excel all references prompts as being variables in a BEx query. That's great, but what if you don't have a BEx query as your data source and you still want to prompt users to enter a date range when opening a workbook? I've attempted to use Input Parameters in the HANA view, but nothing seems to happen.

Anyone know of any workarounds that might work?

Thanks!
Adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so if anyone else stumbles upon this thread with this question, it turns out I actually should have been using a variable on the analytic view instead of an input parameter. The input parameters are only activated when used in a calculated/restricted measure. By adding a variable in the semantic layer of the view, Analysis for Office automatically picked it up as a prompt.

Thanks!
AZ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as far as I know every input parameter of a Analytical VIew will be interpreted as a variable.

Can you show us how you defined the input parameters in Hana Studio?

Regards

Thorsten

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not used Analysis Office against HANA that much so I don't know of any work arounds

See Figure 6 here for Analysis Office with HANA plans for next release:

How ASUG Members Influenced Analysis Office (and Sneak Preview): http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-analysis-ms-office/blog/2014/03/12/how-asug-members-inf...