cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to drop columns easily using Advanced Replication settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to drop a large number of columns from the source to target. (For ex. out of the 98 columns of ADRC, I only want 14 columns in the target).

Is there a way to accomplish this without having to delete column by column in IUUC_REPL_CONTENT?

I have seen some HANA SLT videos by HANA academy on Modifying table structure, where all the columns of the table are listed and we have to just choose a radio button to "Keep", "Change" or "Delete" the columns. How can I get to this screen?

We use DMIS - 2011_1_731

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we do not have the radio buttons any more.

Go to edit mode and press afterwards +/- do adjust/remove/delete fields. on the right hand screen you see the result.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your quick response. This doesn't seem to be quite user-friendly. None of the keyboard shortcuts also seem to be working. (Scroll up and down, function key for Remove button, No multi select capability, No pagination…). It takes a long time to remove one column, position the cursor to the next one and then click on remove again. This could be Ok, for a few columns, but it is very cumbersome to remove a lot of columns. For example, out of 234 columns in MARA, I need to remove around 180 columns…

I feel the screen with radio buttons was easier to maintain.

Do you have any other tip? Or can we get the older screens by installing older version of DMIS? (If yes, which version?)

Thanks.

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundar,

I absolutely agree with you..The process needs to be changed & SAP need to think on this.May be in next version of DMIS,they will adapt a more easy way.

But Sundar you have to do this only in Dev SLT system.In QA & Prod you just need to import the settings..So no rework

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

you are right - understand your request, we plan to have next version multi-selection available

Multi-selection is even faster than using all radiobuttons

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Thanks for your prompt response, as always.

For now, is it Ok, if I populate table "IUUC_REPL_TAB_DV" through a program that can help me do the same thing?

I am getting an RFC enabled program written, that on providing an ECC table, will go and fetch the complete table structure from ECC and will by default set all columns, except key columns, as "Remove". I will then bring back the ones needed.

Do you see an issue in updating the "IUUC_REPL_TAB_DV" table through table maintenance?

Thanks.

Sundar

Answers (0)