cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using POD on a shared terminal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to set-up a POD for work on a shared terminal. The basic requiremnt on a shared terminal is from my viewpoint the authentication of the user, ignoring the currently logged-in user in the POD.

On the example of POD - Work Center: when starting an SFC, I would expect a Login Pop-Up where the user should put in the username and password (without pre-populating the user name field with the current user), the system would check the rights and allow the user to execute the SFC Start with the given user entered in the login pop-up.

I have found similar concepts on the Labor On and Clock-In/Out activities, but the login pop-up in those cases is always pre-populated with the current logged in user, which is not useful on a shared terminal.

To support environments with shared terminals, I would expect to have an activity available, for example "Authenticate" with a rule "Pre-Populate current user". This activity could be then attached to any POD-Button and would result in a login pop-up. After successfull entry the current user would be switched and the "new user" could work with the POD. Because missusing either the LaborOn or Clock-In/Out would be not correct.

I saw also the wiki post Using POD on Shared Terminal from Alexander, but either I did not understand the post or this will not help the users working n shared terminals, when more than one worker is working one one sfc at same time.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

Regards,

Andrej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrej,

Current SAP ME architecture does not provide capability to authenticate a specific activity in POD (except labor tracking functions which are used  when 1st user passes production of SFC to 2nd one). The only possible option is to have separate PCs/screens for different users or have them log off/log on to POD every time they want to use it. To improve productivity I believe this could be done by employee badge barcode scanning.

Regards,
Konstantin