Hi Team,

UAR request contains items which are not directly assigned to users/roles,

Example: child roles of composite roles

We are on GRC SP13.

1807552 - UAM: UAR request shows indirect roles and wrong usage count

1821101 - UAM: User Id missing from provisioning log for UAR requests

1865864 - UAM: Wrong data in UAR Request & adding Expired Roles filter

1829331 - UAM: Issues with UAR requests

I have went through the above four SAP notes and all are part of SP13.

I just want to know if anyone has faced the same issue and whether the below note is applicable for our GRC system SP13 or not.

1970118 - UAM : Expired and locked Users and indirect role assignment are also display in UAR request

Please suggest

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

The latest note that fixes this issue is 1970118. It is part of SP 15 and all other notes would be it's requirement.

Implement this note and it should resolve your issue. Else you can create an OSS where one from us from the Development team can help you with this.

Regards,

Shweta

SAP IMS GRC

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for your reply.

We will implement this note 1970118 along with all related notes and update you on this.

Regards,

Madhu.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

We have implemented SAP note 1970118 in our system and still we are facing the same issue. Earlier request used to contain all child roles of composite role, now only few child roles of composite roles are coming in UAR requests.

Is there any fix for this issue?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Ideally the issue should have been resolved by this note.

In case it is not, I would request you to raise an OSS message and one of the GRC team members will help you out with the issue since debugging in the system is required for this.

Regards,

Shweta

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

We have already raised a OSS message for the same 336348 / 2014.

Regards,

Madhu.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

what you discover is only top of issues with user access review on SP13.

I would strongly go to SP14 as many other functionality are not working:

- save button destroys the reviewer decisions

- forwarding without return after 2 iteration is no longer possible

- provisioning is not working in case you use save button

Any many other smaller issue - to summarize doing UAR review with SP13 is a disaster - you should take whatever possible to  go to SP14.

Filip

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

Thanks for the details. I already proposed to upgrade to next SP and we will soon be upgrading to SP14.

So, whats your take on SP14? SP14 initially, I heard lot of bugs in it and later most of them got rectified.

SP13 has so many bugs and you are exactly right its very bad (disaster ). Can you highlight if there are any specific issues in SP14 which we may need to know before moving to SP14?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Madhu.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Madhu,

I am happy to hear you decided to move to SP14. So far we are ok - the only problem we had was with copy request functionality which was not working. If I discover any new I will update you,

Thanks,

Filip

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

Thanks a lot for details

Regards,

Madhu.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

what we have identyfied in SP14 is program code is missing for forward with return. To fix this bug please implement a note 1975343

Filip

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

We will keep note of this and will implement this note after moving to SP14.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member400151
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

We have upgraded to SP15 and we also have issue with the Copy request functionality.

Could you please let me know if you have fixed the issue and if it has been resolved?

My issue is when using the Copy request functionality i see that the new request does not bring the role data from the old request and also when changing to an new but existing user ID it does not populate user details.

Please advice.

Thanks

Lakshmi

former_member400151
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue has been fixed now. I applied the below note suggested by Andrzej and this resolved my issue.

1982896 - UAM: Fuzzy Search is not working on User ID and copy request is not copying line items.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I would recommend to go for SP14, we had similar problems on SP13 (with this and other UAR functionalities). We have tested UAR on SP14 and so far no issues noted.

Best regards, Andrzesj

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

We don't have any plans as of to go for SP14, but eventually will move to SP14 after sometime. Currently we are testing everything in sandbox environment, so can you suggest if there is any fix for this issue in SP13? Or using SP14 is the only option?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Madhu.