cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE language in WEBDYNPRO ABAP application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement in whcih my webdynpro application view lables are linked to OTR or some custom table whcih allows me to display lable text based on logged in Language.

but I want to change the language of text available in application based on IE( internet explorer language :- IE->right click->Encoding->more->language->select language) language.. how it can be achieved ??

Regards,

Kranthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but I want to change the language of text available in application based on IE( internet explorer language :- IE->right click->Encoding->more->language->select language) language.. how it can be achieved ??

First, you will not get the IE menu on right click in browser in Web dynpro application. You cannot read the browser language in Web Dynpro Application. It is based on SAP log on language.

You can create a button( say change language) in your application, and on action of button, set the url parameter sap-language to change the language.

If you are on Netweaver 7.3 Ehp1, you could use HTML Element, and using Java Script you can get the Browser language. Then you can set the application parameter, sap-language  to the browser language which will change the labels accordingly.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry.. not from Right click  from webdynpro application but from "PAGE" option on right top.

Change language button is a regualr option and the same I am looking into .

Intretign this ins your following comment :

"If you are on Netweaver 7.3 Ehp1, you could use HTML Element, and using Java Script you can get the Browser language. Then you can set the application parameter, sap-language  to the browser language which will change the labels accordingly."

could you please explain how to write JAVA script in Webdynpro ABAP and setting it to application parameter..

thanks,

Kranthi